SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ MICHIGAN TECH - Saturday

AZSIOUX

Talking point:

UND is down 4-1, and is going on a powerplay and given a penalty shot in the same sequence. The shot has to be taken by a guy that is a goal scorer on your team, but nothing spectacular.

Do you do what Tech did and risk missing the penalty shot (we all know goalies have a big advantage) and blowing the powerplay, or do you turn down the penalty shot and have a 5-3 powerplay for a full two minutes?

As a former coach with my team down 4-1, struggling to get anything going offensively, and at a critical point in the game. I take the 5-3 to try and get some momentum going, at least even in the offensive end for a bit. I think you have a better chance of getting one on a 5-3 than you do on a penalty shot against a goaltender that is playing well.

Thoughts?

I think I would also take the 5x3, unless I had some stud that scored a high clip in shootouts.

Kristo AND Knight in Hobey consideration by the end of the year???

I would think so. If that was the case, do you pick Knight as the one you are going to push based on Kristo having an incident that some voters would construe as a character flaw. We all know that Frattin probably deserved the Hobey, but his incidents probably played into him not getting the Hobey.

I would think so. If that was the case, do you pick Knight as the one you are going to push based on Kristo having an incident that some voters would construe as a character flaw. We all know that Frattin probably deserved the Hobey, but his incidents probably played into him not getting the Hobey.

That's a valid point, although Kristo was more an issue of terrible judgement than Frattin which was flat lawbreaking. It definitely hurt Frattin, not sure how much they would hold it against Kristo.