SiouxSports.com Forum

Dale Lennons Southern Illinois Outlook

moser53

I see Dales squad Is picked for the bottom half of the Missouri Valley this year. Has anybody heard anything about his situation. Let's hope he get's it going down there.

They are losing patience in Carbondale I believe. He has really choked bad down there for whatever reason. Best job against the Bison defensively last year really shutting our guys down until late in the game.

I feel bad for Lennon. He took our program to "the next level" as he said he would when he took our head coaching job in 1999 and I was hoping he would do the same for Southern Illinois. I am thinking that his formula of run the ball, play defense and limit turnovers isn't enough to win at the FCS level. There are better athletes in FCS and you just can't shut down everyone like we did in Division II in the early 2000's. Either he makes some changes or he's done as head coaching material. And that is just too bad. :sad:

Do you also believe in unicorns?

No, but based on your posting i think you do.

Actually I should walk that back I bit, because I don't know what it would take for UND to actually fire muss. the 5-6 or 6-5 season i'm expecting probably won't be enough. I think 4 wins or more and he is probably back for 2013.