SiouxSports.com Forum

New Conference tourney ticket renewal?

01grad

I haven’t noticed anybody talking about tournament ticket renewal with these new conferences. For people like myself who have been going to the final five for a long time and have great seats, is there going to be a chance to keep those going in whichever conference you choose to still attend? Not sure if I will continue this though because the only team I care about watching would be UND if they are in the tournament. I am not quite sold on spending the money to watch these other teams I don’t care about. At least the final five has some great history and fun teams to watch.

It would be fun to start a new section with some fellow friends to renew each year though and request certain areas of the arena.

Just thinking and planning ahead......

I haven’t noticed anybody talking about tournament ticket renewal with these new conferences. For people like myself who have been going to the final five for a long time and have great seats, is there going to be a chance to keep those going in whichever conference you choose to still attend? Not sure if I will continue this though because the only team I care about watching would be UND if they are in the tournament. I am not quite sold on spending the money to watch these other teams I don’t care about. At least the final five has some great history and fun teams to watch.

It would be fun to start a new section with some fellow friends to renew each year though and request certain areas of the arena.

The NCHC is a totally new conference in a new building, so I don't see how they could bring any of the WCHA ticket records along. I don't believe that the WCHA has announced their tournament plans, but since the Big 10 is going to be using the X it's doubtful that the WCHA will be there. So I think you're going to have to start over.

A lot of those same teams are going to be in the NCHC, so what "fun" teams were you referring to, Minnesota and Wisconsin?

Yes he is tripping all over himself with teams to watch. But I agree that I have had excellent seats at the X and I'm worried about the same thing! Some rich jerk that is half the serious fan as me, get my equal seats at the new arena because I can't afford to buy them at an inflated price! I have paid for and kept mine for six years, the great seats I have owned for 3 years, we all know what the Sioux have done since I got my new seats 3 years ago!!!!!

I have been taking the family for probably the last 7 or so years. We really like the X and have had great seats each time. I believe the thing my family will miss the most about the X is the atmosphere and great seating. We will cherish next year even more.

I've been wondering the same thing, as we've had the same seats at the X since the tourney moved there originally. I guess we'll see. But on the other hand, think of it this way. A very large number of tournament ticket package buyers were UM fans. They will not be buying packages at the X.

Even if we are given no preference, I'll bet that as first time ticket package buyers we'll have chance to get good seats, even if we don't have the chance to select a preference.

I hope we do, though.

Local Minnesota teams? Like UMD and SCSU?

Okay.

Obviously you're referring to the big ten teams... Just say it.

I will miss those teams because of all of my friends that sit around my group who cheer for those teams. I don't think other fans will travel the same way and I don't really care to follow those others teams to be concerned about watching them at a tournament if the Sioux aren't in it. This is why I am up in the air whether to continue attending. With the calibur of our team compared to the others though, I don't see how we would not be in the thing every year though as we already are. I just don't like change and think it is much more entertaining now than it will be again, but I guess time will tell.

I was just throwing the question out there to find out if anybody knows if these conferences are going to take care of their diehard and supportive fans in an attempt to keep us renewing with the changes. I didn't need for people to question my allegiances, but I do enjoy watching the teams who have a more storied tradition and rivalry against each other.

I've been wondering the same thing, as we've had the same seats at the X since the tourney moved there originally. I guess we'll see. But on the other hand, think of it this way. A very large number of tournament ticket package buyers were UM fans. They will not be buying packages at the X.

Even if we are given no preference, I'll bet that as first time ticket package buyers we'll have chance to get good seats, even if we don't have the chance to select a preference.

I hope we do, though.

Those are great points Dagies. It would be fun if we started organizing sections that we most prefer to watch from in hopes that we could group up!