SiouxSports.com Forum

2011-2012 overall attendance figures

tnt

Did we have more home games than the Gophers or Badgers? Their arenas are both bigger than ours and I can't imagine they ever have more than a small handful of empty seats.

Actually, Mariucci Arena is slightly smaller than The Ralph. Mariucci seats 10,000 and The Ralph seats 11,640. The Kohl Center seats 15,325.

By my count, MN played 24 home games (including WCHA First Round), UND played 24 home games (including WCHA FIrst Round), and Wisconsin played 21 home games.

Actually, Mariucci Arena is slightly smaller than The Ralph. Mariucci seats 10,000 and The Ralph seats 11,640. The Kohl Center seats 15,325.

By my count, MN played 24 home games (including WCHA First Round), UND played 24 home games (including WCHA FIrst Round), and Wisconsin played 21 home games.

Mariucci doesn't let you sit though. I have never sat in an actual seat at that arena. Stupid standing room only....

The Ralph is bigger and attendance has been slightly down at Minnesota in recent years. Generally, Wisconsin is #1 in total and average attendance because of the size of The Herb. UND is #2. Minnesota is #3 at The John. We moved up this year because the Badgers had fewer home games and I'd think average attendance was probably down a bit. UNO has a big rink and they have been #4 in recent years.

Most venues count tickets sold.

This is true, including UND. There was a game at the Ralph towards the end of the year as well where they said it was a sellout and the upperdeck was only half full at the most, partly because most of the students were gone.

This is true, including UND. There was a game at the Ralph towards the end of the year as well where they said it was a sellout and the upperdeck was only half full at the most, partly because most of the students were gone.

I am pretty sure UND counts tickets sold. I remember that game, although I would say that the upper deck was more than half full. There were definitely plenty of open seats.

Almost positive I heard earlier this year that the Ralph made a change to counting tickets sold instead of actual attendance, stating it was more in-line with what most other venues were doing. Believe they said at that time that prior to this year they counted only actual attendance.

I would really question Minnesota's numbers. They claim 9,000 plus attendance all the time even though you can see huge amounts of empty seats. Are they counting people there or tickets sold?

Every place counts it the same way, season ticket holders are counted as sold, whether they show up or not!

I would really question Minnesota's numbers. They claim 9,000 plus attendance all the time even though you can see huge amounts of empty seats. Are they counting people there or tickets sold?

Every place counts it the same way, season ticket holders are counted as sold, whether they show up or not!

Some places count tickets redeemed as they come in the door and report that number. Some places report the number of tickets sold. It doesn't matter if they are season ticket holders or single game ticket holders, they all count the same.