SiouxSports.com Forum

Will the Ladies

Fetch

Not sure what your point is. As of right now the ban on hosting playoff games is for the NCAA tournament. The WCHA tournament hasn't been affected. They could make a decision at some time in the future to ban UND from hosting playoff games, something similar has happened in other conferences. But up to now there has not been any talk of that for the WCHA.

But you are great at delusion, in fact I bow to you as the grand master of delusion and your dedication to suicidal martrydom would have been greatly admired among the kamikaze and strap-a-bomb-to-your-body-and-blow-up-a-marketplace Muslims. There comes a time you need the serenity to accept the things you cannot change.

• Upvote 4

Courage is summoning strength in the face of life's difficulties or, sometimes, life's horrors. It mean proceeding in spite of pain, cost, or risk. Courage is not the absence of fear, but the deliberate decision that action is necessary regardless. Courage acknowledges uncertainty, but perseveres because of conviction and resolve. It offers us focus and self-possession so we can call up our competencies to meet our challenges.

Courage is not necessarily an outward act of heroism; it can be purely internal, such as making the decision to be cheerful in grief, to adhere to values different from those around us, or to give something another try.

Courage is summoning strength in the face of life's difficulties or, sometimes, life's horrors. It mean proceeding in spite of pain, cost, or risk. Courage is not the absence of fear, but the deliberate decision that action is necessary regardless. Courage acknowledges uncertainty, but perseveres because of conviction and resolve. It offers us focus and self-possession so we can call up our competencies to meet our challenges.

Courage is not necessarily an outward act of heroism; it can be purely internal, such as making the decision to be cheerful in grief, to adhere to values different from those around us, or to give something another try.

Are you trying to claim that you're courageous because you want to keep the nickname? That somehow you are going to be courageous if you stand up to the NCAA? I guess it would be easy to be courageous if you have nothing to lose in the process. The student athletes and the rest of the people involved with the Athletic Department are the ones that are going to be penalized by the sanctions, and the ones that will be hurt if UND loses its place in the Big Sky Conference. You and the rest of the nickname-at-all-costers have no skin in this game. You will be able to wear your Fighting Sioux jerseys anytime you want. You'll be able to yell "Go Sioux" any time. It doesn't matter if the name changes or not. It won't affect what you do. But being on sanctions will definitely hurt the Athletic Department and the University of North Dakota. And that isn't OK with me.

But it's now or never - Like you worry about all the potential bad things - I worry about even if SL wins the Kelly Admin. will do everything possible to not let the name come back. If all this was not happening it would have been over & without the referral vote the Kelly admin. would have continued to phase out everything Fighting Sioux. I ask how hard would it be to bring the name back if he had succeeded ?

Thank goodness we are where we are & if the election / referral is passed, we will have until the SL lawsuit is complete to save the name - Plus save lots of expense making everything right again

& thats a fact.

The above is worth it to me when all we are sure to lose is wearing the logo on Jerseys & center ice & maybe home ice for ncaa playoffs

If SL loses then have your own referral petition to remove the name

Because of all the above everyone should vote YES !

You should cite your source when you use someone elses material like you did here.

But it's now or never - Like you worry about all the potential bad things - I worry about even if SL wins the Kelly Admin. will do everything possible to not let the name come back. If all this was not happening it would have been over & without the referral vote the Kelly admin. would have continued to phase out everything Fighting Sioux. I ask how hard would it be to bring the name back if he had succeeded ?

Thank goodness we are where we are & if the election / referral is passed, we will have until the SL lawsuit is complete to save the name - Plus save lots of expense making everything right again

& thats a fact.

The above is worth it to me when all we are sure to lose is wearing the logo on Jerseys & center ice & maybe home ice for ncaa playoffs

If SL loses then have your own referral petition to remove the name

Because of all the above everyone should vote YES !

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?...who's with me?...let's do it...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Thanks for all your posts Senator Blutarsky...

Best post you have ever posted. It reminds me though of a term people in the miitary referred to those who remained behind when the bullets started to fly yet were wanting to tell the combat soldier how things should be done. They never had anything to lose and didn't have a dog in the fight, so to speak. The were referred to as REMF's. Rear Echelon............. you can figure out the rest.

There were and are many support soldiers who do their job in those rear areas with courage and strength but they don't dictate to the combat soldier what they think they should do. They make sure they have the resources to complete the mission successfully. In this case UND needs the Big Sky. We would love to keep the name but we don't need it. We need to make sure UND has all of the resources to be succesful. The membership in the Big Sky is a higher priority than the name.

• Upvote 1

I want both But the name is the most important threat at this time - If Big Sky is that easy to drop us then until it plays out they are not our friend - I do think they want to be but are being used to put fear in the hopes of keeping the name

Nothing new resolved here huh :hypocrite: