SiouxSports.com Forum

Reschedule the Nightline

yababy8

Hak needs to cancel the night line for tonights game.

With complete realization for the fact of the Sioux are short handed skaters I make the following assertion;

Given Knights current injury state, he needs to be to be temporarily NOT playing one his line.

Friday night is was abundantly obvious he could not skate well. He was causing his line trouble not getting into position, not getting in front of the and losing possession. Any one could see he was not sharp on the feet. I know we should not discuss injuries to players because teams could take advantage but if I sitting at home watching on tv can see clearly his right ankle is bothering him I'm sure every player the other team sees it too. It is clearly not a little thing his skating is very very different than it usually is.

So what is the solution? I think, for tonight, they should move Parks to the top line. He's been playing like a machine. I don't know how experienced Parks is at center? You could slide Nelson to center as well.

I just think it's really a mistake having Night on the scoring line right now because it renders Nelson and Kristo to ineffective. Knight will have 2 weeks to rest after tonight and should be better for the Duluth series.

He also should not be out on the penalty kill line or the power play.

Note;

I love Knights game. This isn't about him is a player it's about how bad he's injured right now and more importantly how that injury is affecting his abilities to skate to play. I am very very confident in what I saw.

I dont doubt that he is still hurt, he still has shown that he can play at a high level even when injured. Last Saturday he had 3 points and more or less carried the team to victory. I think he might have had just an off night last night, as did Kristo. This was the first game all year where I thought Kristo wasn't the best player on UND. I highly doubt Hakstol changes up this line, but if he does it will probably just be moving Nelson to center and pulling up another LW like MacMillan. I agree Parks had a great game last night but putting him up with Nelson and Kristo means one of either Kristo or Parks will have to play on their off wing, which they haven't done all year. That doesn't mean they aren't comfortable doing that, I know Kristo has played the off wing in the past.

Given the man power shortage the team is faced with right now it is a tough predicament.

I felt like kristo played well. The crux of the problem last night was zone entry and holding it. to do this you need all 3 fowards getting to the puck fast and winning the puck battles. All of this requires each guy to have two good legs no matter how skilled he is. Now if your top scoring line falls short of this you lose, not just the scoring potential of the injured player, but also the potential of your other 2 top scoring forwards as well.

Given the man power shortage the team is faced with right now it is a tough predicament.

I felt like kristo played well. The crux of the problem last night was zone entry and holding it. to do this you need all 3 fowards getting to the puck fast and winning the puck battles. All of this requires each guy to have two good legs no matter how skilled he is. Now if your top scoring line falls short of this you lose, not just the scoring potential of the injured player, but also the potential of your other 2 top scoring forwards as well.

I get what you are saying but is MacMillan, Parks, or Rowney better than Knight at 80%? That is a tough question to answer. I think he is on that line just for his faceoff prowess, giving that line initial possession of the puck more often than not.

My 2 cents? Over the last two games Knight's line has 12 points. The staff can switch it up within the game if the situation dictates as much. Otherwise, leave the lineup as it is so the other three lines can continue to develop their own chemistry, which the top line obviously already has.