SiouxSports.com Forum

theScore

GeauxSioux

theScore signs U.S. College sports TV deal with Fox

Hadn't seen this before...

“Score viewers are huge fans of college sports, and as part of this deal, they can now look forward to more coverage than ever before, including games featuring powerhouse schools like Oklahoma State, Texas, Oklahoma, Oregon, USC, Stanford and Memphis.” said Score COO Benjie Levy.

The deal also features live hockey coverage of top-flight programs including the University of Minnesota, University of Wisconsin, University of Denver and the University of North Dakota.

From the Score Media website...

Given the Canadian sports fans’ love for quality ice hockey, the deal features live coverage of top-flight programs including the University of Minnesota, University of Wisconsin, University of Denver and the University of North Dakota. These schools have produced NHL stars including Jonathan Toews, Phil Kessel, Zach Parise and Thomas Vanek, and feature numerous Canadian players on their current rosters.

Is it on basic cable in Canada or does it take an additional subscription to watch it?

I just thought it was a web page, I was shocked when I found out that it was a Canadian channel. I am hoping DirecTV will pick it up.

Via the official news release from UNDSports.com

A minimum of three University of North Dakota men's hockey games will be televised on theScore throughout Canada in the next two months.

theScore Television Network is a national television channel available in more than 6.8 million homes across Canada.

Paul Kelly from College Hockey Inc. was on a radio show tonight and said theScore hopes to air more college hockey games next year and beyond.

http://tv.thescore.com/programs/ncaa-hockey

Saturday, January 14

Minnesota at North Dakota

Saturday, January 21

Colorado College at Minnesota

Saturday, January 28

Wisconsin at North Dakota

Saturday, February 11

Minnesota at Denver

Saturday, February 18

Denver at Wisconsin

Saturday, February 25

Minnesota at Nebraska-Omaha

Saturday, March 3

Minnesota State at North Dakota

Saturday, March 10

North Dakota-TBA (1st round WCHA playoff)

Saturday, March 17

WCHA Semi-Final

Saturday, March 17 – LIVE at 8pm

WCHA Championship Game

http://tv.thescore.com/programs/ncaa-hockey Saturday, January 14 Minnesota at North Dakota Saturday, January 21 Colorado College at Minnesota Saturday, January 28 Wisconsin at North Dakota Saturday, February 11 Minnesota at Denver Saturday, February 18 Denver at Wisconsin Saturday, February 25 Minnesota at Nebraska-Omaha Saturday, March 3 Minnesota State at North Dakota Saturday, March 10 North Dakota-TBA (1st round WCHA playoff) Saturday, March 17 WCHA Semi-Final Saturday, March 17 – LIVE at 8pm WCHA Championship Game

The more I think about this; this is a great idea, potential recruiting tool to either convince the CIS to jump up to NCAA hockey or to entice highly touted kids that don't want to play MJ hockey...