SiouxSports.com Forum

Montana State

GeauxSioux

MSU 67

UND 63

Final.

MSU fit a bucket with 9 seconds left to pull ahead and then UND was forced to foul off a missed basket. Tough loss, this is one the ladies should have had.

I bet the ladies got an earful from Gene after this one - many, many mistakes down the stretch along with lousy FT shooting!

I bet the ladies got an earful from Gene after this one - many, many mistakes down the stretch along with lousy FT shooting!

I am sure they did. He was pretty candid during the post game interview. Said these kids are on scholarship and need to work harder to continue to earn them. One question I have always had about his teams. He is always advocating fast play. In circumstances when you have the lead late, is it not wise to slow down a bit and run the clock? The limited games I have seen are always up tempo and this seems to lead to a lot of turnovers especially late. Is the shot clock different in WBB? They had the lead late and still seemed to want to force the ball. Comments?