SiouxSports.com Forum

Job Market/Salaries in Grand Forks

JESUS,family,rutgers

How is the job market these days in the Grand Forks area? What is the average salary? What is the price for a decent one bedroom apartment? How about the price for an average house? Thank you in advance for any comments.

I will take a stab:

For jobs, there are countless "lower paying" jobs in the service industry. I am not an expert on other areas I guess, but for medicine and education, Altru and UND are leaders.

For a nice 1 bedroom apartment, I'd say $500.

For a decent house, $150,000

I could be way off, as I have a career, haven't lived in an apartment for awhile, and bought my house years ago. However, I think I'm in the right ballpark.

jobsnd.com would be good for a snapshot of jobs.

Thinking of moving?

I would say the average salary is around $40-50k...No real WC jobs that pay over $100k unless you are a Dr. or Professor in the Med School...One bedroom apartment is probably in the $700 range for a nice one, but remember students have scooped many of these already. Average house price in GF is probably around the $120 to $140k range...

Let'sGoSioux,

Not sure what I will be doing within a couple years.My Mom is 84 and I do not think she will be able to drive or be alone fairly soon. My sister and her husband are very blessed financially and she may end up living with them in Upstate New York. In addition,our company has just been purchased by a German company and they may not want to have an office here at the New Jersey Shore and one on Long Island too. All I can say for sure is that I REALLY enjoyed seeing Grand Forks last Autumn and it looks like a GREAT place to live (of course I wasn't there in mid-January LOL). Those of you who live in North Dakota are very blessed !

• Upvote 1

Let'sGoSioux,

Not sure what I will be doing within a couple years.My Mom is 84 and I do not think she will be able to drive or be alone fairly soon. My sister and her husband are very blessed financially and she may end up living with them in Upstate New York. In addition,our company has just been purchased by a German company and they may not want to have an office here at the New Jersey Shore and one on Long Island too. All I can say for sure is that I REALLY enjoyed seeing Grand Forks last Autumn and it looks like a GREAT place to live (of course I wasn't there in mid-January LOL). Those of you who live in North Dakota are very blessed !

Once the wind and the snow starts I don't know how blessed we are. :xmas:

All the good paying jobs are in Bismarck and west. Hard to find housing west of Bismarck though. If you have a CDL and have any experience driving in winter, you can make a lot of money. Housing in Bismarck is still reasonable and a lot of people are starting to use it as a home base for oil field work. But there are also a lot of other jobs in Bismarck as well. Check the Sunday Bismarck Tribune or google North Dakota Jobs. Also, Bismarck is a little bit warmer than Grand Forks, and has a real river. If only the Sioux played there! ;0