SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux on Satellite

PSB

Over the last couple of seasons, Directv has added Fox Sports North/Wisconsin for nothing when Wisconny is playing the Sioux. Wonder if they will pop on Fox Sports-Rocky Mountain this weekend for the Denver/Sioux game? I realize I can pay the extra $12 a month to get FSN-RM to watch the games. Any know if there is a lower price to just add the Sports networks for just the weekend?:huh:?

Go Sioux!!!

Although I have the sports pak add-on, a couple years ago when I did not have it, FOXN, FOXNa, and FXRM, were all part of the regional package in ND (without having the add-on). No idea if that is still the case. If it is and you are in this region, FXRM should be on all the time (except when a pro sports "blackout" game is on). Check channel 645 and see if you get it.

According to my previous work with direct tv. they used to allow you to pick it up for a couple of days and then cancel. But too many people caught on and they finally said you need to pay for a full month but they should let you do that so you can catch the sioux game on FSRM

Cheesemover, will Senser's (Roseville) have the Sioux game on Friday night?

The games will be on local GF TV this weekend:

GRAND FORKS, N.D.--With a combined effort between Midcontinent Communications, Fox Sports Net, Ralph Engelstad Arena and UND Athletics, the Fighting Sioux men's hockey games will be broadcast live on the Fighting Sioux Sports Network this weekend.

Friday

I am having problems with my SATWORKS 3688, jumpy screen, rolling, and distortion I have tried switching the video setttings and rebooting nothing seems to work, any suggestions?

I'm not the message board's resident expert, but the jumpy screen and distortion sound like a weak signal issue. I was down to a 35 signal strength this weekend and had a small amount of "pixelation" issues. (just a couple hiccups here and there during the 2nd period).

Was your problem on every channel or just FSSN? Seeing as FSSN is off until next weekend, all I can offer is do a "hard reset"--unplug the power for a few minutes and then bring it back up. If it was a weak signal issue, perhaps your dish has slid out of ideal allignment or has ice/snow on it (I don't know where you are). As a last ditch effort, just prior to next weeks game, maybe resetting to factory defaults, and then doing a blind scan will lock onto the best signal.

I don't quite follow you on the "rolling" screen description, but as a SWAG, verify your output mode is NTSC, not PAL. (either an actual switch on the back of the reciever, or a menu driven option). As an extra SWAG, try the different output connections to the TV i.e. coax, composite (the yellow RCA plug), or S-video. If your using the coax connection, verify you're on the correct channel (just like the old ch 3 or 4 thing with VCRs).

There was some issues Friday night. I know at the beginning of period 2, Puckhead apologized for the issues and that some cable companies didnt see all of the 1st period.

I had a little pixelation but that was it.

There are a couple channels on the same satellite. If you dont have them programmed in, do a blind scan and scan "all". There are about 6 test cards that shuld come in fine. If those are working fine, then it was the Sioux feed.

• Downvote 1

There was some issues Friday night. I know at the beginning of period 2, Puckhead apologized for the issues and that some cable companies didnt see all of the 1st period.

Wondered if midcontinent in GF forgot to retune their receiver after putting on the Denver game the week before. The whole game was on the western ND cable stations.

Its been a good year though.

Say, have you heard anything about perhaps televising of the women's BB tourney?

I suppose the FSSN/WDAZ would have to pay the NCAA for the rights, so I doubt it will happen. They have a good track record of televising FB playoff games, but I'd imagine there is alot more interest in that, hence alot more sponsor $$.

They're not televising the regional in their own building? Or is that owned by the crooks at the NC$$?

NC$$ owns the rights. Now with that ESPNU channel they decide to hold all the rights. There MAY be an option for the local team to pick up a broadcast.

Last year there were lots of different channels picking up various games but with ESPNU in the mix, that may not be the case and ESPN may say "screw it...we get ALL the games". Hopefully they allow WDAZ (hell even the FSSN) to pick up the feed for the Sioux games.

EDIT: there may be a god. Checked ESPNU's schedule and it shows

Sat., March 25 Men's Ice Hockey

West Regional SF No. 1 2:30 p.m. ESPNU and ESPN Synd

West Regional SF No. 2 5:30 p.m. ESPN Synd

The key is ESPN Synd....which means they will allow local stations to pick it up.... ;)

• Downvote 1

NC$$ owns the rights. Now with that ESPNU channel they decide to hold all the rights. There MAY be an option for the local team to pick up a broadcast.

Last year there were lots of different channels picking up various games but with ESPNU in the mix, that may not be the case and ESPN may say "screw it...we get ALL the games". Hopefully they allow WDAZ (hell even the FSSN) to pick up the feed for the Sioux games.

EDIT: there may be a god. Checked ESPNU's schedule and it shows

West Regional SF No. 1 2:30 p.m. ESPNU and ESPN Synd

West Regional SF No. 2 5:30 p.m. ESPN Synd

The key is ESPN Synd....which means they will allow local stations to pick it up.... ;)

does that mean it may be on FSSN as I don't get ESPNU - I may just make the trip if not which would be alright with me