SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs FBS teams

darell1976

Texas Tech, Idaho (twice), N. Illinois, Fresno St, San Diego State, Wyoming....our FBS teams in the past, present, and now near future. What teams should we schedule in the future. Big name schools for the ESPN ticker, or one thats close to our recruiting base which I think is more out west. Or the winnable FBS teams (also known by some on here as the NDSU route).

IMO I would love to see UND vs Nebraska, Kansas, Colorado, UNLV, Washington or Washington St.. More closer to home than winnable which won't happen with most of these teams I listed. But I don't see us playing Miami (FL), Virginia Tech, Florida State.

Texas Tech, Idaho (twice), N. Illinois, Fresno St, San Diego State, Wyoming....our FBS teams in the past, present, and now near future. What teams should we schedule in the future. Big name schools for the ESPN ticker, or one thats close to our recruiting base which I think is more out west. Or the winnable FBS teams (also known by some on here as the NDSU route).

IMO I would love to see UND vs Nebraska, Kansas, Colorado, UNLV, Washington or Washington St.. More closer to home than winnable which won't happen with most of these teams I listed. But I don't see us playing Miami (FL), Virginia Tech, Florida State.

As I have said before since I live in the Twin Cities I have a personal interest in seeing UND play midwest schools. I want to see them play at least one midwest FBS program a year i.e. at Minnesota (drop the Sioux name, it is time to move on), ISU/Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, Mizzou, KU/KSU, Nebraska etc. much what NDSU, SDSU, and USD have begun to do. In addition play up either East or West, play the MAC schools, play anyone, but limit ourselves to one DII or downplay a year or less. North Dakota in spite of the climate is becoming a stronger economic and employment opportunity. It is way past time to move the whole athletic program forward, not just hockey.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I like Nebraska, Kansas, Minnesota (Im aware of their logo policy), Wisconsin, Texas, Oklahoma, Michigan, and Michigan State. Also Kentucky and Arkansas might not be a bad draw as well.

If you want to play against FBS schools where the alumni live, besides the obvious Minn., head west. Washington, Oregon, Oregon State, Colorado, Colorado State, Arizona, an Arizona State.

What's the chances we can play at Eastern Washington and at Boise State in the same year. :lol:

Big 10 and Big XII schools. Going to the West Coast to play Pac-10, MWC teams gets us nothing except maybe a beating in an area we're hoping to recruit. We're going there anyway for BSC games and a win over Sac State or Portland State gets us a lot more than a blowout to Cal or Oregon. Besides, I believe there are more winnable games against Midwest teams than when we go farther afield. Besides Minnesota, I'd put KU, KSU, Iowa State, etc... on my near-term list, then Nebraska, Michigan, etc... on the long term, when we're more competitive.

Imaging Weber State getting the purple turf they've talked about and hitting that trifecta.

I tore my ankle up one time and it had a lot of blue, red, and purple...if someone would put in a yellow field it would probably be an exact match.