SiouxSports.com Forum

Potato Bowl 2011

darell1976

Northern Illinois was not better than the Gophers in 06 when the Bison lost by one. They went to a bowl game that year and almost beat Texas Tech. And Idaho is basically a Big Sky team in a bad dome. If you don't stay close to them this year there is something wrong.

Iowa St, K-State and Kansas are BCS schools, Wyoming and Northen Illinois are not. That is the difference.

The last thing a Bison fan should ever do is brag about your FBS scheduling. Go back and add up the records of these powerhouses that your touting in the year you played them. Then go look at the records of UND's 3 FBS opponents so far. Idaho was 6-7 last year and didn't go to a bowl only because they played 13 games (hawaii rule). The other two were 9-4 and 11-3.

Also, incase you didn't notice, 3 of your 4 wins were against teams with 1st year coaching staffs and all new schemes. The other was Ball State. Just saying....it helps.

Northern Illinois was not better than the Gophers in 06 when the Bison lost by one. They went to a bowl game that year and almost beat Texas Tech. And Idaho is basically a Big Sky team in a bad dome. If you don't stay close to them this year there is something wrong.

Iowa St, K-State and Kansas are BCS schools, Wyoming and Northen Illinois are not. That is the difference.

And neither are Boise State and TCU. Your point???

Also, Idaho has 20 more scholarships than any Big Sky team and had four players drafted the past two years. If you're going to come onto our board, please be knowledgeable first.

The last thing a Bison fan should ever do is brag about your FBS scheduling. Go back and add up the records of these powerhouses that your touting in the year you played them. Then go look at the records of UND's 3 FBS opponents so far. Idaho was 6-7 last year and didn't go to a bowl only because they played 13 games (hawaii rule). The other two were 9-4 and 11-3.

Also, incase you didn't notice, 3 of your 4 wins were against teams with 1st year coaching staffs and all new schemes. The other was Ball State. Just saying....it helps.

I'll take our transition and post transition scheduling over your's any day. I think the results speak for themselves. Hell I think you only have 5 or 6 FCS (non transitioning teams) wins since your transition so if I was you I'd be more concerned about those than FBS wins.

I'll take our transition and post transition scheduling over your's any day. I think the results speak for themselves. Hell I think you only have 5 or 6 FCS (non transitioning teams) wins since your transition so if I was you I'd be more concerned about those than FBS wins.

Transition is the key word. It hasn't always been pretty but after seeing the young talent at the spring game I'm excited about that. Our first two years schedules after transition are better than anything ndsu has thrown together the last few years.

There is no denying it hasn't been pretty at times but its a transition for a reason. We're headed in the right direction. It took a few years to sort out the mess our previous AD left us but everything is starting to fall into place nicely.

We are discussing FBS scheduling (in wrong thread). Stay on topic.

If you want to discuss future schedules separately we would be glad to do that. Our future schedules blow away any schedule NDSU has had or will have coming up.

No, that is the label.

And it's a label that has been proven more than once to mean not that much.

Heck, labels at all levels of football don't mean much. It's what you do, not what you call it.

BCS Oklahoma lost to non-BCS Boise State.

BCS Michigan lost to FCS Appalachian State.