SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ DU

sioux fan in phoenix

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the Sioux had a lot of quality chances, but I think that was a terrible period IMO. Being snakebitten again is what I was most afraid of going into this weekend. After the Yale and Minnesota series I thought this team was different than last year, but last weekend and the 1st period tonight makes me wonder. Great chances...can't score...it's gettin old.

Opinions anyone? Decent pressure but pi$$ poor when it comes to burying their chances? Did someone, like a Sioux player's ex-gf, put a curse on this team?

Story of that period was missing the net. Sioux had at least five shots from in the slot, as good as Denver's chance, and missed the net on all of them.

Interview with Porter:

TH mentions rekindling the Thunderbay pipeline. Porter knew the Hoogsteen bros and Greg Johnson. It's also a pipeline for denver.

Basically a lot of boring talk about players coming from Shattuck and Thunderbay, and how Tom Ward isn't directing players to UND.

Porter committed 2 years ago when Hakstol, a friend of his dad's, came down for a visit. Shattuck prepares players for college, and UND is actually almost easier than Shattuck for some of the guys. At Shattuck all they ddi was study and play hockey.

"Since you've been in ND, what's struck you most that you weren't expecting?" Fan support. Everybody knows who you are, lives for hockey, there's nothing better than playing for the fans. They help out a lot.

Porter thinks it's good for the team to get on the road. They're "Chomping at the bit" to see what they can do. Chris is trying to play his role as a power forward.