BobIwabuchiFan

Forum Rules:

No personal attacks, defamation, or libel

No profanity or obscenity

No racial, ethnic, or sexual slurs

No threats or harassment

No illegal activities

No politics or religion

No copyright violations. Do not reproduce entire articles, forum posts, or other content you do not own.

No thread hijacking or killing. Do not flood threads with repeated or unrelated posts that interfere with the community's ability to have a discussion.

No "Troll" posts. Posts whose sole purpose is to taunt or generate anger are not allowed. Such judgments will be made at the sole discretion of the moderating staff.

No posing as someone else (e.g. a player, coach, other forum member, or other known person)

No revealing private information about others (without their consent or their having already revealed it)

No bandwidth hijacking (e.g. do not directly link to external images)

No repetitive posts with links to third-party sites (particularly those for which you are employed or have an ownership interest). Advertising pays the bills, so it would harm our advertisers to allow you to reach the community for free.

No private, personal, or off-topic conversations. Messages should be of general interest and about the stated forum topic. Use PM or email for messages intended for a single person or small group of people.

No circumventing suspensions (for example, by using alternate accounts or attempting to register for a new account)

No misuse or overuse of large images, text styles, emoticons, capitalization, or misspelling. Judgment as to whether the use of elements other than standard text is excessive or with the intent to annoy will be made at the sole discretion of the moderating staff.

No deceptive use of multiple usernames.

No bumping threads. Do not post in threads for the sole purpose of making them rise to the top of the display. Avoid posting in very old threads (e.g. more than one year old) without compelling reason.

Nope, Couldn't tell ya. But I will let the real moderators answer ;)

Meanwhile the thread about Don Lucia turned into a conversation about RWD. :silly:

Which would seem to be against the rules: No thread hijacking or killing.

Forum Rules:

Nope, Couldn't tell ya. But I will let the real moderators answer ;)

Meanwhile the thread about Don Lucia turned into a conversation about RWD. :silly:

Which would seem to be against the rules: No thread hijacking or killing.

Yeah, I'm not positive of the reasoning, but am happy to give my impressions. As I said here, a little inconsistency is part of the tax we pay for having multiple moderators. I still think it's well worth it.

The Lucia thread is still at least 50% about the topic (see the discussions of Hill) right up until the end, AND there was moderator intervention (see the post asking people to move back on topic). I think that thread has been handled just about right.

The two threads are actually pretty similar in content, so my guess is the "Gophers Chokers" thread shot itself in the foot for being a cheap shot ("chokers" in the title, "goofers" in the subtitle). We've definitely stopped threads in the past just for being classless (e.g. "the official rip on <player> thread"), even when the topics of discussion are legitimate and occurring elsewhere. We do try to moderate a little civility, and the thread titles do reflect back the forum and its membership.

• 8 months later...

You seriously closed a thread cause of the title? An easily understandable appropriately named title.

What more did you want? "Is the game on TV in GF?" While might be a lil vague, accurately describes the topic.

I doubt if you were not able to come up with a "better title" someone else would be able too.

• Upvote 1

In reading the forum rules it seems like the forum has become a haven for said trolls.

No "Troll" posts. Posts whose sole purpose is to taunt or generate anger are not allowed. Such judgments will be made at the sole discretion of the moderating staff

Edited by Goon