SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux @ Michigan Tech

AZSIOUX

I am making the trek to Houghton should be fun. Flying to Marquette and driving.

Better have a 4 wheel drive vehicle. Through January, this winter Houghton has 130 inches of snow.

Can't imagine what it's like to drive the team bus up there this time of year.

I assume we'll see normal lines as well as Dell for this weekends coming games. I sure hope we give Dell, Frats and Co the 2nd night off to give us a relief.

Why? You don't sit players, these are young men, they have all summer to rest. That's silly...

Agreed. You will see the playoff lineup on the ice on Friday night. Saturday could be different with Eidsness possibly getting a start in the net to give Dell a bit of a break.

If the Sioux lose on Friday night I would almost expect them to have a playoff like attitude on Saturday, even if they win the cup by Denver losing on Friday night. I'm of the belief that you need to have all guns blazing going into the postseason. I would hope that UND goes into Houghton this weekend and tries to send a message to Tech that there is no way they'll win a series in Grand Forks.

Do you honestly think that UND is going to lose to a !@#$ bag team like MTU?

• Downvote 1

No. I don't think that Tech will beat UND in the next four games.

But I'm just saying that anything is possible in the WCHA.

HA! Next you are going to say Denver lost to Tech and that Merrimack is on the cusp of getting an at-large bid in the National Tournament. :silly::)

first this isn't the NFL where you start sitting players as NCAA positioning is still happening. second you can only bring three extra players one of which is your backup goalie. so with two extra players I don't think you'll see wholesale changes. that and we don't know the staus of rowney plus with kristo and chay being out we don't have a lot of reserves left to begin with. a loss will kill our rpi which in effect could keep us from being a number one seed down the road. that said I do expect to see Eids start on sat.

It doesnt mean that you wont or shouldnt see a couple starters switched out for Saturday's game to keep everyone fresh. Just like you said about playing Eids on Saturday night, keeping bench players fresh as well as giving your top guys a rest.

I know its not the NFL, but I still expect a win on Saturday night with any bench players playing.

It's hard to beat any college hockey team 4 times in a row...except maybe American International.

I wouldn't be shocked to see a loss mixed in somewhere...especially a game in Tech, considering we have at least a piece of the MacNaughton locked up.