SiouxSports.com Forum

Feds seize pirate TV sites

jimdahl

Just a random note:

ICE is involved in this matter. Now we know what they're up to instead of handling illegal immigration. Border Patrol can handle that. We'll ignore the I in ICE and just focus on internet sites and customs.

I say dissolve ICE completely and rebuild it from the ground up.

Just a random note:

ICE is involved in this matter. Now we know what they're up to instead of handling illegal immigration. Border Patrol can handle that. We'll ignore the I in ICE and just focus on internet sites and customs.

I say dissolve ICE completely and rebuild it from the ground up.

Actually ICE is responsible for interior enforcement and Border Patrol is well patrolling the border. I still can't understand how ICE has this responsibility?

Edited by Goon

I would agree that Cyber crimes are in the purview of the FBI and Secret Service. I don't understand how anyone thought that throwing responsibility for bootlegging video onto the Immigration and Custom Enforcement. It seems to me that they aren't an investigatory agency and would be better off staying focused on what they should be focused on.

INS/ICE was swept into DHS after 9/11. Possibly, since foreign nationals may be involved in these sites, especially if they operate from US-based servers, I could see ICE having a small role, but the larger role will go to DHS' other arms.

• 4 months later...

I have not looked into this at all since the news of the feds seizes of these sites. Does anyone know how I can watch CFL games online for free? I used to be able to do it on channelsurfing.net last year, but that website has changed and does not include CFL games anymore, from what I can tell.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!!

I have not looked into this at all since the news of the feds seizes of these sites. Does anyone know how I can watch CFL games online for free? I used to be able to do it on channelsurfing.net last year, but that website has changed and does not include CFL games anymore, from what I can tell.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!!

Try browsing the forums on www.myp2p.eu. There are live streams for anything and everything.

Thanks for the help, but no CFL games on that website. At least that I could find.

Have you tried CFL.ca?

Also, I think ESPN3 broadcasts the games in the US.

Otherwise, sometimes ATDHE.ME broadcasts some sports, although I would recommend also myp2p (try during the season, June 30th)

• 1 year later...

Update :

Online sports streaming site owner avoids jail time in new deal with Feds

Brian McCarthy, the accused operator of Channelsurfing.net—a site that linked to unauthorized streams of sporting events—has signed a deal with the Department of Justice. This will effectively grant him amnesty, according to court documents filed earlier this month published Tuesday by TorrentFreak.

According to the document, McCarthy is ordered—over the next six months—to not engage in illegal activity, to not interact “with any persons engaged in criminal activity,” and to “not engage in the dissemination of any copyrighted sports-related media over the Internet.” McCarthy must also “continue mental health therapy” under the agreement.

TorrentFreak added that McCarthy will be required to pay back the $351,033.54 he made off the site.

From the Article that Jim Added, I would rather they be out trying to catch terrorist and drug dealers than this.

In addition to seizing its domain name, ICE and HSI classified the site as a criminal operation and a month later they arrested the alleged owner, the then 32-year old Brian McCarthy from Texas.

The ChannelSurfing operator was charged with conspiracy to commit criminal copyright infringement and criminal copyright infringement for his involvement with the site. The indictment stated that McCarthy “did willfully infringe a copyright for purposes of financial gain.”