SiouxSports.com Forum

UVU @ UND

dakotadan

I am not a basketball guy at all.....whatsoever.....you guys know what you are talking about, I don't.....

But....wouldn't you discuss the fact that you don't have any timeouts in the huddle before you decided to foul that guy and send him to the line? Like, "hey, if he makes them both, we don't have a timeout, so you have to run the baseline (which the guy didn't at first) and just chuck the ball down court.

I hate basketball, but will watch the sioux. That was a sad way to lose a game....and I had trouble sleeping too....

One thing for certain, this game and its outcome has brought alot of discussion to this thread. In fact, alot of new names and opinions which are nice. One of coaches on the bench is the one responsible for the timeouts. He informs the head coach of the situation and how many there are. Maybe Webb was aware and a demon inside made him call time out. Only the guys on the bench know the answer. If it was not brought up then the coach responsible didnt sleep much last night either. I'm still not sleeping and hopefully tonight I will be able to.

One thing for certain, this game and its outcome has brought alot of discussion to this thread. In fact, alot of new names and opinions which are nice. One of coaches on the bench is the one responsible for the timeouts. He informs the head coach of the situation and how many there are. Maybe Webb was aware and a demon inside made him call time out. Only the guys on the bench know the answer. If it was not brought up then the coach responsible didnt sleep much last night either. I'm still not sleeping and hopefully tonight I will be able to.

Thanks for clarifying that for me. I am a coach, and I know that a lot of the time you tell kids something and it goes in one ear and out the other. You would think though that in that situation, that the kid would completely know the scenario.

Its hockey season and I'm talking basketball....GO SIOUX! :lol:

One thing that is certain about basketball today is that no lead is safe until the buzzer sounds. The three point shot and shot clock has added excitement but as we saw last night can change a game in a hurry. We were trading one or no points for 3 during all the crucial stretches. Earlier poster stated NDSU had an 18 point lead last night with a senior laden team and lost. It happens one time or another to everyone. Just hope they learned and move forward. We have played the highest 2 rated (rpi) teams in this conference and beat one and you know what happened to the other. So, with that sad we can play with anybody in this conference and still win the conference and the tournament. Go Sioux