SiouxSports.com Forum

ncaa=total hipacrits (sp?)

gfhockey

But if it's really such an issue to the NCAA, why use it at all. (<-- Note lack of question mark; it's a rhetorical statement.)

Can't they just say "North Dakota" as so many here advocate? Wouldn't that be the more prudent (and morally superior, as they portend to be) thing to do? This just leaves them open to so many questions.

But if it's really such an issue to the NCAA, why use it at all. (<-- Note lack of question mark; it's a rhetorical statement.)

Can't they just say "North Dakota" as so many here advocate? Wouldn't that be the more prudent (and morally superior, as they portend to be) thing to do? This just leaves them open to so many questions.

Maybe they should just stick to scheduling games. :(

Actually, it makes things very clear...

They have told other schools that it is OK for UND to use the nickname until the end of the year, and that the other schools shouldn't have a problem with it during that time. Wouldn't it be hypocritical if they didn't also use the nickname until then?

Yes, let's all thank the NCAA for their guidance on this issue... :(

Yes, let's all thank the NCAA for their guidance on this issue... :(

I'm not saying they were right about any of it. I'm just saying that they could be called hypocrites if they didn't use the nickname for the rest of the school year. The truth is that most UND supporters are going to hate the NCAA no matter what they do.

I'm not saying they were right about any of it. I'm just saying that they could be called hypocrites if they didn't use the nickname for the rest of the school year. The truth is that most UND supporters are going to hate the NCAA no matter what they do.

They should stick to scheduling games and getting sponsorships, like Pontiac :), for the NCAA mens bball tourney. I don't need them to legislate social issues. I don't call them when deciding crispy or original recipe and have never consulted them when determining firepower vs mpg. :)

I guess when the nickname goes away, then ALL the problems will be solved??? :huh: