SiouxSports.com Forum

Jones and Prpich

sprig

With all the scoring by the first line last night, can't be missed that Jones and Prpich were huge defensively. Dominant is more like it.

Any player's worst nightmare: having Prpich assigned to shadow you :glare: Don't believe Vanek and Prpich cast seperate shadows last night.

Agree with Prpich. He generally kept up with Vanek, and took him out of the game much of the time. They were so close, that I wouldn't be surprised to see them start dating. :D;) "Not there's anything wrong with that." :glare: I'd guess Prpich will be Vanek's "buddy" tonight and when we visit Mariucci. Definitely a good late find from the BCHL. :p

Greene and Prpich got Vanek p!ssed off last night. After Greene and Vanek got out of the box in the 2nd, Vanek went right after Greene. Hillarious and good job by Matt and Mike.

I don't know if you want to see Greene and Vanek go at it though, becuase if that happened all hell would probably break lose. The Gopher players, would not take kindly to Greene fighting Vanek. Just like Sioux players wouldn't like a Gopher Dman fighting with Parise. And everyone on the ice might get in the fight. Plus Greene might be jumped by about 4 gophers, before the Sioux players could react. :glare:

I was hoping Greene and Vanek would get it on, they seemed to be exchanging pleasentries on the ice a couple of times. The Greene Giant would have given Vanek a beat down that he would have never forgotten...

Did anybody else see Greene absolutely smoke G. Potulny in front of the Sioux net? GP was fighting for position with Greene and MG had enough and tossed him to the ice. Grant is a tough kid so I was surprised to see how easily he went down. Then again, MG is rather large.

I hope it is a sign that opponents won't be able to camp out around the Sioux net this season.

Did anybody else see Greene absolutely smoke G. Potulny in front of the Sioux net? GP was fighting for position with Greene and MG had enough and tossed him to the ice. Grant is a tough kid so I was surprised to see how easily he went down. Then again, MG is rather large.

I hope it is a sign that opponents won't be able to camp out around the Sioux net this season.

Jones and Prp were huge. absolutely huge. Fylling was all over, he looks faster every game and he is getting better defensivley too. How about Genoway... HOLY, talk about a turn around from last season, he gets most improved in my book, he is playing outstanding so far... It seemed like everything clicked last night for the Sioux, finally, in one game, they got solid goaltending, good D, and great offense. This team has great chemistry, something that I think the gophers are lacking right now. Bochenski is making a statement this year, 5 points last night... daaaaamn... he's unstoppable...

I don't expect us to beat the gophers this handily later in the season, as we all know they are far from out, but a win tonight would put them 1-5 in WCHA play, which pretty much blows out any flicker of hope of a WCHA reg season title, let alone a 40 win season.

I think the Gang of Five (including Jones, Greene, Prpich, McMahon, Fylling) should all get Game Pucks for their outstanding work.

I realize it is early and with the way DB likes to shuffle lines, even within a game, I don't want to get too ahead of myself, but the way Prpich/McMahon/Fylling played this weekend brought back memories of the Matt Henderson/Adam Calder/Jeff Ulmer line from the '97 championship team.

Although two of three went on to see some NHL action, none were considered stars. In fact, that season they were UND's third line for the most part and always matched up with the opponent's top line.

That line contained two sophs and a junior and contributed roughly 80 points in 42 games, however, their main responsibility was to shadow and shutdown the the best opposing line, which they were able to routinely do.

During the '97 national tournament, that line did not give up a goal and Henderson skated away with the tournament MVP.

With McMahon's ability to win faceoffs and perform as one of UND's best defensive forwards, and Prpich's ability to shut down preseason league MVP Vanek (was he even on the ice this weekend?) and Fylling's early ability to score points and still perform in the defensive zone, it seems like a favorable and fair comparison.

Should they stay together as a line, I think they will be a key ingredient in what could be a very successful season for UND.

Don't be. Minnesota, undoubtedly watched videos of our previous games and noticed how BC had success drawing penalties by diving. Grant dove because it is easy to make a check look cheap from Greene and Schmitt doesn't like Greene (though not nearly to the extent Shep and Anderson do). Trying to take advantage of this?

Don't be. Minnesota, undoubtedly watched videos of our previous games and noticed how BC had success drawing penalties by diving. Grant dove because it is easy to make a check look cheap from Greene and Schmitt doesn't like Greene (though not nearly to the extent Shep and Anderson do). Trying to take advantage of this?

I hope it was because they watched some video of BC and not because that is how they normally play. The only thing that impressed me this weekend about Potulny, was that he should have gone to UND...not for hockey, but for diving. Perhaps the crappie sign was appropriate, as Grant was flopping around like one all weekend.