Who Get's the Nod Sat.

Hrkac_Circus

Who starts in Net Sat.  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who starts in Net Sat.

• Parise
    • Brandt
    • Ziggy

While I didn't agree with starting Jordan, it worked. And he probably gained a huge amount of confidence because of last night, so that is a huge plus. I'd still rather have Jake playing I think, but I'll be much more comfortable with Jordan in net now because I think he believes alot more.

BTW, all UND goalies do too much wandering. Geohring did, Kollar did, Siembida did, Ranfrantz did, Brandt does, Parise does, Ziggy hasn't played enough but he probably does too. They all think the are Martin Brodeur or something. Stay in the net!!!!

JP did way to much wandering. Also, let the dman have the iced puck on the PP, start the rush behind the net. Too many long pass giveaways by JP helped stall the PP.

Also, how did that bad angle goal go in; couldn't pick up the puck on the replay? JP looked to be in perfect position. PCM's article said it snuck in between the pad and the pipe, Minnie article said it deflected off JP skate?

IMO, Brandt and JParise both wander to much. However, I think JParise is more aware of where he is and gets back in position quicker. I agree that the "help" on PP slowed things down, but given our PP I doubt it really mattered. :D I like the fact that JParise is pretty aggressive around the net and he uses his size accordingly, although he needs to keep the stick down. Too many shots to the head and neck can draw a whistle in a hurry.

On the "bad angle" shot I thought the puck slid in between the skate and the pipe a split second before he was able to narrow the gap. I kind of felt bad for him when starting looking around for the puck after the light went off. :):silly:

By and large, I think we have two pretty solid goaltenders in Brandt and JParise. However, I also think that by getting more help up front, both can play better over time.

I have to admit that at first, I was really nervous with JP in net, especially after the 2 power plays goals for the rodents. But I have to say that I am glad that Jordan did play, he did a good, job. He did wander out a lot, but as others have said, all of our goalies do.

I hope that JP starts one of the games against St. Cloud. I think that he is good enough. In regards to the bad angle shot, on the radio, during the post game they said that is a shot that will only go in 1 of 100 times and last night was that one time. I felt bad for JP as he just stood there and looked down after the lights went off. But he got the win and it was nice to see Jake skate out and congratulate Jordan after the win. :silly:

Also, how did that bad angle goal go in; couldn't pick up the puck on the replay? JP looked to be in perfect position. PCM's article said it snuck in between the pad and the pipe, Minnie article said it deflected off JP skate?

Fleming who scored the goal said it went five-hole, but from what I saw I don't know how that is possible.

While I didn't agree with starting Jordan, it worked. And he probably gained a huge amount of confidence because of last night, so that is a huge plus. I'd still rather have Jake playing I think, but I'll be much more comfortable with Jordan in net now because I think he believes alot more.

BTW, all UND goalies do too much wandering. Geohring did, Kollar did, Siembida did, Ranfrantz did, Brandt does, Parise does, Ziggy hasn't played enough but he probably does too. They all think the are Martin Brodeur or something. Stay in the net!!!!

Patrick Roy wandered quite a bit.

I agree with Diggler, but I have to say that so far, Brandt and JParise have been lucky that nothing bad has happened. As for Siembida.... that issue is pretty dead.

I think Saturday was a big victory for JParise. Now, it wasn't dominating. He isn't Schweitzer or Goehring. However, he did get the job done. I think he has really solidified himself as #2. Kinda tough when I think Ziggy is good too. I may actually have confidence in net this season!

Let's keep it up!

So how did Deervember weekend go?

I didn't shoot very well. :silly: Missed a couple of Big does. Buddy filled one of my tags for me.

If you guys hear a rumor about someone with a deer on a silver blazer parked in the parking lot during the game that would be me. Got into a hurry coming back from Devils lake and didn't hang it up till after the game. My wife heard someone talking about it at work last night. Apparently that isn't a normal thing to do I guess.

I didn't shoot very well. :silly: Missed a couple of Big does. Buddy filled one of my tags for me.

If you guys hear a rumor about someone with a deer on a silver blazer parked in the parking lot during the game that would be me. Got into a hurry coming back from Devils lake and didn't hang it up till after the game. My wife heard someone talking about it at work last night. Apparently that isn't a normal thing to do I guess.

Lucky I don't know you if you admit to having your tag filled by someone else.

Would guess a deer on the roof wouldn't go over so big with some in GF, although it's common in the smaller towns :D

Brandt is still our #1, but Parise definetly has the #2...it's nice to know we'll have someone to take over when Jake leaves and Ziggy is supposed to be pretty good too (I love Ziggy's old-school helmet - reminds me of Karl!)

Everyone wanders, but Parise started to get riddiculous, I don't mind as long as it doesn't cause us to lose a game.

Lucky I don't know you if you admit to having your tag filled by someone else.

Would guess a deer on the roof wouldn't go over so big with some in GF, although it's common in the smaller towns ???

Yeah your probably right Sprig, I am sure that some in GF would be offended that I had a bambi on my blaser, I also know what to I would say to the anti hunting crowd but what the heck they dont' understand hunting anyways.

What the heck, I am just a simple country boy who is also a dedicated hockey fan. I didn't want to miss the game...

Brandt is still our #1, but Parise definetly has the #2...it's nice to know we'll have someone to take over when Jake leaves and Ziggy is supposed to be pretty good too (I love Ziggy's old-school helmet - reminds me of Karl!)

Everyone wanders, but Parise started to get riddiculous, I don't mind as long as it doesn't cause us to lose a game.

Even though I'll stand behind JPar as #2, I'll shock Federov and say that he won't be a true #1 with the Sioux. We have Lammareaux coming next year. He's destined at this junction to wind up #1. Whether it is next season or not is up in the air.

Even though I'll stand behind JPar as #2, I'll shock Federov and say that he won't be a true #1 with the Sioux. We have Lammareaux coming next year. He's destined at this junction to wind up #1. Whether it is next season or not is up in the air.

Wow, I wasn't even looking that far into the future. I have only said that JP is not ready and should not be used in big games, such as this weekend. After Bina only played a few shifts on Friday, are you ready to play Foyt yet? :silly:

JP will be starting most of the games by years end. All bet will be taken @ the ticket window, second floor of the Palace in Vegas.If you have not caught on yet!!! SSM connection, don't let this fool YA!!!!!!. I know DB would never allow this to happen :silly: I have a ? for anybody that has contact with a player. Ask them if there is SSM connection. I will take all bets and give 100 to 1 over half the player say yes.