Suhaki (Sioux Hockey)

krisg

• 1 month later...

Su-nami is pretty awesome sounding, Fighting Su-nami

Actually Tsunami meets a lot of people's wishes on this board

It's not a person or animal

It's unique

It's fierce

Other UND sports teams (besides hockey) would be ok with it (i.e Suhaki)

It's totally opposite Sioux (a native local person vs. an event that happens thousands of miles away)

And yet it has ties to North Dakota (Ok, just the "Tsu" part)

ht

Sorry I hope it breaks a leg and has to be put down. I have seen a few of the jerseys at the UNO game. It's fine if

this is just tongue n cheek but I would not want UND to adopt it as our new name.

aw, c'mon, lighten up... it's not like this board will actually have an impact on the name chosen by the nickname committee.

ht

Sorry I hope it breaks a leg and has to be put down. I have seen a few of the jerseys at the UNO game. It's fine if

this is just tongue n cheek but I would not want UND to adopt it as our new name.

As the founders of the Save Our Suhaki movement, we would like to respond to all of the contributors on this blog who perhaps do not understand our cause. Fifteen years ago there were over a million Suhaki roaming the northern tundra. After the fall of the Soviet Union, illegal poaching by the Chinese went unchecked, and Suhaki became the target of their exploits. Now here we are with only a few thousand left. We invite you to join the thousands who have already joined our cause, and help us Save Our Suhaki for future generations. If you don