SiouxSports.com Forum

How does b2network work?

gfhockey

So i am on this site http://www.b2tv.com/partner_members.asp?id=178

how do i go about buying the webcast just for tonite and tomorrow?

I just want to be ready to watch it. Do you guys have to have a log on or how does that work? And I assume there wont be a monthly hidden fee and i wont have to cancel or do anything after this weekend so i dont keep getting charged?

Also, how are the qualty of b2 networks? does the feed ever crash? Hopefully they have extra bandwith for this game tonite

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I just want to be ready to watch it. Do you guys have to have a log on or how does that work? And I assume there wont be a monthly hidden fee and i wont have to cancel or do anything after this weekend so i dont keep getting charged?

Also, how are the qualty of b2 networks? does the feed ever crash? Hopefully they have extra bandwith for this game tonite

A link will show up 10 minutes prior to the game asking you to buy or watch it now. You cannot buy the games before that time. It is a one time fee and I have never had any problems with being charged again.

Also the feed is decent, but it all depends on the quality of the school's webcast I would imagine. Usually it never kicks you out and is one constant stream without buffering.

• Upvote 1

You can't buy the webcast ahead of time. About 10 minutes before gametime a link appears to watch the game. Clicking the link will take you to the payment form, fill it in, and you're good to go. B2networks has always streamed well for me (and I've had trouble with many other webcasts). Quality varies depending on the arena and how the webcast is obtained. Like all webcasts looks good in the small rectangle, but loses quality as you go larger (ie hook it up to your big screen tv).

You'll get an email after you pay for it with a link to reconnect should you disconnect.

• Upvote 2

One more question, how do i get it to play on the tv? I no you need a special cable but wahts it look like? i have so many cables here i probably have the right one and jsut dont no it and would rather not go to best buy and fork over the 40 bucks

or could i unhook somtin from my midco box and plug it in to my computer?

One more question, how do i get it to play on the tv? I no you need a special cable but wahts it look like? i have so many cables here i probably have the right one and jsut dont no it and would rather not go to best buy and fork over the 40 bucks

or could i unhook somtin from my midco box and plug it in to my computer?

Depends - Mac or PC? I have a Mac and use a DVI/HDMI cord. Yours may need the same or maybe a simple S-video. If you want sound other than from your computer, you will need a separate "headphone/Ipod" jack going to a stereo.

i got a asus x59gl series

http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&biw=1259&bih=603&tbs=isch:1&aq=f&aqi=&oq=&gs_rfai=&q=asus%20X59GL

it says i got a hdmi port on the back so coudl i unhook the one from my midcontinent box and plug it in to the lap top? how woudl sound work with that?

You should be OK. Worse case, you listen through the laptop. Or you can do what I do and stream both the webcast and also stream the audio. You may have to pause one or the other to sync them up.

i got a asus x59gl series

http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&biw=1259&bih=603&tbs=isch:1&aq=f&aqi=&oq=&gs_rfai=&q=asus%20X59GL

it says i got a hdmi port on the back so coudl i unhook the one from my midcontinent box and plug it in to the lap top? how woudl sound work with that?

That will work; you'll get both sound and video with hdmi. You'll have to select the appropriate input on your tv. It's handy to have a second hdmi cable, assuming your tv has multiple hdmi inputs

• Upvote 1

the hdmi cord i unplug from teh midcontinnet box doesnt fit my laptop lol im SOL

hdmi plugs are all the same; are you sure the asus has an hdmi ouput?

The hdmi port is supposed to be on the rear of the asus, next to a usb port; make sure you're trying to plug into the right one.

• Upvote 1

hdmi plugs are all the same; are you sure the asus has an hdmi ouput?

The hdmi port is supposed to be on the rear of the asus, next to a usb port; make sure you're trying to plug into the right one.

I have a mac and when I stream online I use the usb to RGB adaptor I purchased for my macpro and plug it from my computer to my tv and use an external audio source and it works great. An RGB is the exact same as the cable you plug a desktop monitor into a tower with. hope this helps :D

is there commentary with the b2network?

Yes, it will be a streamed version of a local broadcast. So prepare for the homer announcer.

OR

Turn down the volume on that media player, and open up Tim H. on another browser session and listen there. Only works if the two are sync'd time wise tho...

But TH is a great announcer to listen to.

Man I love the internet - I'm listening to http://www.961thefox.com/mediaplayer/?station=KQHT-FM&action=listenlive&channel_title= waiting for http://www.b2tv.com/partner_members.asp?id=178 playing poker on poker stars & on SKYPE with my son - laying in bed watch my 47 in visio & drinking Bud Light

Life is Good

Sounds like a good pre- game ritual to me!!

Yes, it will be a streamed version of a local broadcast. So prepare for the homer announcer.

OR

Turn down the volume on that media player, and open up Tim H. on another browser session and listen there. Only works if the two are sync'd time wise tho...

But TH is a great announcer to listen to.

You can usually pause the video to sync with audio.

I thought it worked pretty well last night actually. the Wisco stream last weekend off cbs sports was definitely clearer, but I liked the way this stream was expandable to cover the entire screen.

This was the first internet broadcast that I couldn't get to tranfer to my TV so I had to watch it on my Laptop.