SiouxSports.com Forum

OT: It's been a while.....

AmericanSoldier15u

Hello all. Well, it has been a while since I have been on the forum, but I am finally back. I used to be on here as UNDintheNHL if any of you remember, back about 2005-2008. I joined the Army in early 2009, only about 5 months after getting married, and am now deployed. I finally have some internet connectivity so I wanted to get back on here and catch back up with the wonderful people of Siouxsports.com, and get back into Sioux hockey. I have done a little bit of lurking the last few months, but I have been so busy I wasnt able to do much last season other than check some scores and maybe watch some highlights. So now that things have slowed down, just in time for the season to start, I figure it a good time to come back onto the board. Now that I am in the Army, things are a lot different for me. It has been a tough road so far, but things are looking up. I am a helicopter mechanic, which being an aviation nut, is a wonderful thing. Of course, being over here it is quite difficult to watch some hockey, as the internet is too slow to actually watch games online. I guess I will still have to stick with highlights. Regardless, it is nice to be able to get back on.

Hope all is going well with you all. I am PUMPED for this season!

GO SIOUX!!!

PFC Justin Hamlin, US Army

UND Student 2004-2006 (Aviation, PKA)

Welcome back, and thank you for your service!

thanks Jim. you ready for this NHL season? The Southeast is gonna be tight with all the moves going on in the off-season. So with Varlamov in the IR now....and a lot of young guys on the roster (A few from the Bears win over the Stars last season in the Calder Cup series, which I am still a little ill over having been to a few of those games in Austin), what is your outlook on the Caps season? Im expecting a tight race for the SE, as I said, but I think Washington and Carolina will be at the bottom. I know Carolina (my team) is a very young team, but we are balanced offensively. Hell the lineup we have right now has 4 scoring lines. 3rd line is Skinner-Jokinen-Ruutu, a lethal line. The defense is the big question. But, do you think you guys can actually get far in the playoffs this season? Make a dent? How many years without a Cup win until Ovie demands out of Washington? I am just curious what your thoughts are

and agian, thanks for the support

Hello all. Well, it has been a while since I have been on the forum, but I am finally back. I used to be on here as UNDintheNHL if any of you remember, back about 2005-2008. I joined the Army in early 2009, only about 5 months after getting married, and am now deployed. I finally have some internet connectivity so I wanted to get back on here and catch back up with the wonderful people of Siouxsports.com, and get back into Sioux hockey. I have done a little bit of lurking the last few months, but I have been so busy I wasnt able to do much last season other than check some scores and maybe watch some highlights. So now that things have slowed down, just in time for the season to start, I figure it a good time to come back onto the board. Now that I am in the Army, things are a lot different for me. It has been a tough road so far, but things are looking up. I am a helicopter mechanic, which being an aviation nut, is a wonderful thing. Of course, being over here it is quite difficult to watch some hockey, as the internet is too slow to actually watch games online. I guess I will still have to stick with highlights. Regardless, it is nice to be able to get back on.

Hope all is going well with you all. I am PUMPED for this season!

GO SIOUX!!!

PFC Justin Hamlin, US Army

UND Student 2004-2006 (Aviation, PKA)

Hey what unit/division are you in?

Thanks for your service and keep your powder dry.

• Upvote 1

Welcome back and thanks for everything that you do.....tell the other men that as well.

An old family friend served in the Army going to Iraq twice and then one of my cousins went to Iraq twice with the Marines and I can't believe some of the stuff that they saw.

I never went to Iraq, and this is my first deployment, but yeah it is crazy some of the stuff that goes on. But luckily I am not involved with most of that stuff. But we definitely do our part to support the ground forces for all of the ISAF countries. That is what we are here to do. That is our job. And I am proud to do it.

Welcome back and thanks for everything that you do.....tell the other men that as well.

An old family friend served in the Army going to Iraq twice and then one of my cousins went to Iraq twice with the Marines and I can't believe some of the stuff that they saw.

A budy of mine came back from Afghanastan in January and Wow! Some of the stuff that these guys and gals endure is amazing. Nothing like my days from Desert Storm.

How awesome is it that you have access to the internet? You will have no problem following Sioux sports using this site, Brad's live blogs for hockey, and fightingsioux.com. If you ever get a chance, you should participate in the live blogs during hockey games, you would be a very welcome guest.

Thanks for what you do for our country!

You're Welcome. You must be attached to the 4th ID then? Thanks for your service!

Well, we used to be, but when 4th ID moved up to Carson, we stayed cause their flightline didnt have the room for all our aircraft. So we are the 4th CAB, but we are technically attached to the III Corps. When we get back from deployment we will move to Fort Bliss and be re-flagged as the CAB for 1st Armored Division who just moved there.

Thank you for your service. We appreciate it more than we can fully articulate. Stay safe.

thank you for your support. all of us over here really appreciate it.

How awesome is it that you have access to the internet? You will have no problem following Sioux sports using this site, Brad's live blogs for hockey, and fightingsioux.com. If you ever get a chance, you should participate in the live blogs during hockey games, you would be a very welcome guest.

Thanks for what you do for our country!

well it is definitely a great thing. they just opened up this computer lab a few days ago and it has been an ice to be working here this week, but the downside is, the way my schedule is, and with the time difference, after I am done working here this week and go back to my normal kind of work, I wont be able to catch the games at all. I'll still have to settle for highlights and commentary by you guys on here