SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA in NHL 11?

7Sioux74Blues

If this doesn't warrant its own thread (don't know how many gamers are here) then someone can move it into another thread or something.

Here are some quotes from a podcast interviewing Paul Kelly president of college hockey inc. Sounds like NCAA coming to the EA NHL series is close to being a sure thing in the near future?

http://thepipelineshow.blogspot.com/2010/0...ame-on-way.html

and here is the actual podcast (watch at about 15:00 min in)

http://www.thepipelineshow.com/clips/seaso...Kelly_May25.mp3

Quote:

"We've actually been in discussions with EA for a couple of weeks," Kelly began, "and while we don't have a formal announcement to make at this moment, we are certainly in discussions with EA Sports and they are very interested in having a college component to their game. We, the colleges, are very interested in having that happen and we are just currently in the process of figuring out what dimensions that aught to take. The answer to your question though is 'YES' just as there is going to be a CHL component to the video game, there will be a college hockey component as well."

As for it being in NHL 11:

Quote:

"I'm hopeful. I don't know much about the development of video games... if we come to a finality here in the next couple of weeks and whether that would give them enough time to roll it out in time for September... I would hope so but I don't know the answer to that. As soon as they are able to do it, we'll be doing it."

I don't know much about how long that would take but I'm sure it takes a little time. I don't know if for sure it could be in NHL 11 (which comes out in September I believe) but it could maybe be some down loadable content that is released at a little later date.

Either way, it's good news that we could be playing with NCAA teams in the near future!

Such great news. The last two years I've created close to 12 college teams, with around 12 current skaters and 2 goalies for each team. Takes forever! And even better news CHL is going be on this years game, so i bet there trying hard to have NCAA as well!!! One last season with the Sioux as a team and hopefully the logo.

I sure hope there is some form of recruiting on it. On NHL 11 you'll be able to play as CHL teams and play in Pro Mode, GM mode with them and play for the memorial cup. Hopefully we'll see the same with NCAA players and teams playing for the frozen four. I wish they'd just come out with a seperate game that has the CHL and NCAA together. Then add in recruiting and players leaving early, just like in NCAA basketball and football.

This is something I have been waiting for FOREVER! If they could do this for NHL 11 it would be awesome. I knew they would never make an independant NCAA Hockey gme, but have always thought they should roll it into the NHL series. They have the AHL in NHL 10, they can just add more levels of progression for create a players or franchises. I just hope they are able to do this before the Sioux name change. Even though I will remain hopeful in that if even the name changes, the will keep the sioux jerseys as alternate jerseys. Its a NHL game, they dont have NCAA rules to follow.....

And they better due the Ralph the justice it deserves :glare:

P.S. For all of you who have NHL 10, Check out this custom cover I found! I replaced my original with this.

TJOshie10Cover.png

I seem to remember a few W's in my favor. One OT heroic goal too I might add :glare:. You only win because you wind up with 90 hits every game.

No, you have the hit thing backwards. You do all the hitting, I do all the scoring. ;)

I crashed 3 different PS3s in December/January of last year playing NHL 2010. I will never buy another one. The longest one lasted was two weeks.

I also didn't like in be a pro, when i went #1 overrall in the draft, then lead the NHL in scoring notching 2.5 points per game for 8 games and they sent me down..junk