SiouxSports.com Forum

Recruiting

Siouxhockey03

Where did you hear that RJ Anderson is going to Minnesota? I know that the Sioux were/are very interested in him.

Lou Nanne, while announcing one of the State games said it is Anderson's dream to play for the Gophers. Not sure how much credit I'd give that.

As it stands look for Beaverson to possibly spend another year in the USHL, unless Jones or Greene leave early.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didnt he go to wisconsin or am i thinking of someone else...casue i think hes the kid whos uncle went to wisconsin

I think you are thinking of Gorowsky from Centennial. His dad was "on the roster" at UND and an uncle played at WI. According to the article in the Trib his family was pulling for him to go to WI which he did.

Does anyone know what Hardwick is going to do? Out of the two big d-man left, Ammerman and Hardwick, it seems that Hardwick will be the best bet to sign with UND.

I know Ammerman wants to play at Minnesota.....

Hopefully the Sioux will land Hardwick!!!!!

-------------------------

Also, congrats to UMD for landing Niskanen, he should be a good one!

When Lee made his decision, Anderson also made his. He notified the Gophers at that time.

Is it safe to say that we can add these two players to the ever growing list of players that both UND and UM coveted?

These programs sure don't seem like they are going to be hurting for talent very often.

Is it safe to say that we can add these two players to the ever growing list of players that both UND and UM coveted?

These programs sure don't seem like they are going to be hurting for talent very often.

I'd say that's a pretty fair assessment. UND and Minnie both have bagged a number of "marquee" recruits the past few years, and I'd guess their coaching staffs run into each other pretty frequently. Looking over the recruits coming into the WCHA the next couple of years, combined with existing talent, I'd bet UND, Minnie, Wisco and probably UMD will enjoy some pretty strong teams down the road. "The rich just keep getting richer." :glare::)

It's great for the WCHA and it's fans when highly skilled players are signed. It not only makes the hockey great to watch, it also helps in winning non-conference games and raising the league's RPI. It looks like Minny, UND, Wisco and UMD will be loaded for a while. Speaking of loaded, where has UMD Dogz been hiding lately? :glare:

Looks like Radke picked up some hardware. Besides being a great offensive player, I'm sure Scott M likes his PIM's. ;)

Good for him. I think he'll be great addition to the team. :angry:

Is there anyway he can get to Prpich-level PIM? Maybe kick a dog or step on ants? :):glare:

Zajac is leading the BCHL in points per game with 2.3 in the playoffs!!!! He has 4 goals and 5 assists in 4 games!

I think Spirko finished with 51 points in 51 games!

Question: How many points did Zajac score this year? How many points did Murray score last year?

I think Zajac had more, not sure though?

Zajac is leading the BCHL in points per game with 2.3 in the playoffs!!!! He has 4 goals and 5 assists in 4 games!

I think Spirko finished with 51 points in 51 games!

Question: How many points did Zajac score this year? How many points did Murray score last year?

I think Zajac had more, not sure though?

Murray scored 101 points (42 goals, 59 assists) in 59 games for Salmon Arm.

All State Team

Pioneer Press announced their all state team. Oshie is on the 2nd team. Lee received "honorable mention" :angry: Not a lot of credit for a kid many consider the best in the state.

Notable - Moorhead players Gifford on 3rd team. Deutz, Loos :lol: , Ammerman, Lee all honorable mention.

- Warroad - Hasbargen, Olimb, Hardwick, Sorrels all honorable mention.

- EGF - Tyler Johnson - honorable mention

Coolest names - Ryan Thang, ELI VLAISAVLJEVICH (good luck to the WCHA rink announcers next season)

Not much respect for Section 8 - but what do you expect from those metro folks.

CHAD RAU

Eden Prairie

junior, forward

Rau scored 34 goals and set up 24 others for the Eagles. When he was healthy, he averaged better than two points a game, and Eden Prairie was a dominant team. His value was never more evident than after he injured his shoulder near the end of the season. With Rau disabled, the Eagles lost to Chaska in the final game of the regular season, and even though he scored a goal in the 6AA quarterfinals, they were upset by Minnetonka.

That was taken from the All State Team(1st team). Doese anyone know what colleges are looking at him. Heisenberg has him highly ranked(I know there not official). He seems to be the real deal. I haven't heard anything on him and he looks to be a solid player to any teams 05' squad.

Pioneer Press announced their all state team. Oshie is on the 2nd team. Lee received "honorable mention" :angry: Not a lot of credit for a kid many consider the best in the state.

Some of those picks seem kind of interesting.

For instance, I know Gopher fans think very highly of Justin Bostrom as a recruit yet he's also only listed as honorable mention as well.