SiouxSports.com Forum

Steve Fool Bear's eloquent letter

star2city

http://www.ndus.nodak.edu/sbhe/default.asp?ID=384

we can start by emailing everyone of these people! Let them know how you feel and attach Fool Bear's letter... Its a start. :lol:

Exactly. You can also email Kelley, Faison, and Gov. Hoeven. If I am not mistaken, Gov Hoeven will be appointing three new members to the SBoHE in the near future. If we want the decision to be reconsidered, we will need new board members!

can the Govenor veto actions by the State Board ? Who over sees them ? Can a refferal vote override them?

But like Foolbear I have lost faith in the people (all people) the Apathy & how we let idiots run our Governments & Lives :lol:

& this Summit League stuff really upsets me - let them move ahead & if the effort to save the Sioux name fails by November- then we will live with that - but to let it fail now just to get in that league is beyond Idiotic

can the Govenor veto actions by the State Board ? Who over sees them ? Can a refferal vote override them?

But like Foolbear I have lost faith in the people (all people) the Apathy & how we let idiots run our Governments & Lives :lol:

& this Summit League stuff really upsets me - let them move ahead & if the effort to save the Sioux name fails by November- then we will live with that - but to let it fail now just to get in that league is beyond Idiotic

The Governor appoints the State Board and then the Senate approves them, but I don't think he can veto them.

The state board of higher education has full authority over the institutions under its control with the right to prescribe, limit, or modify the courses offered at the several institutions.

that is what the Century Code in section 15-10-11 says.

I am trying to find where it talks about the SBoHE in the ND Constitution

Edit: Ok, the Constitution just says what the Century Code says. Neither of them mentions anything about who oversees the State Board, so I would guess that they are in essence, a board that runs themselves..a division of government that is not unlike another division?

But like Foolbear I have lost faith in the people (all people) the Apathy & how we let idiots run our Governments & Lives :glare:

What makes you think the Governor would veto the board? Each and everyone one of them was appointed by him.