SiouxSports.com Forum

CSTV (Cheer Sioux To Victory!)

01grad

The game hasn't started yet, but I really like their coverage so far. I don't have DirectTV, but am at a friends house who does. Anybody else watching on CSTV? It's too bad they don't have another game featuring the Sioux this year. The only reason our game probably is on this channel is because we are playing a team from the East. I wish there was a way to pick up the feed from G.F. on TV down here in the Twin Cities. Does anybody know when Victory sports starts and if it will be available on standard cable? They were supposed to have a bunch of WCHA games, but I haven't seen or heard of a channel lineup yet.

LET'S GO SIOUX!!!

According to Mike Eruzione, Grand Forks doesn't even make his list of top five toughest crowds. Cornell #1, followed by Michigan State, Michigan, St. Cloud and New Hampshire. He must figure we lost this with the new arena or he is just like everybody else not giving the WCHA or the Sioux their deserved recognition. I have been hearing the crowd doing their bullsh@& cheer, but they do need to get into it a little more like we used to up there. Burning couches while waiting in line and smoking out the gophers in their locker room, heckling players over the glass and having them shoot pucks at us and requiring one person to recieve 20 stiches, ahh the good old days at the old Ralph. Well I am done talking to myself. If anyone else has been checking this for updates, let me know and I'll keep them coming. I am sure that everybody has found a place to enjoy the game. Shoot, another goal. 3-0, way too quick.

4-2 after 2. Good thing college hockey doesn't use replay to review yet or Bochenski and the Sioux would be really hurting.

Don't know about that. I'm not sure what the college rule is, but that goal would count in the NHL. Bo didn't kick it in, but since his stick was tied up, turned his skate and let the puck deflect off it. Anyone know the college rule?

According to Mike Eruzione, Grand Forks doesn't even make his list of top five toughest crowds. Cornell #1, followed by Michigan State, Michigan, St. Cloud and New Hampshire. He must figure we lost this with the new arena or he is just like everybody else not giving the WCHA or the Sioux their deserved recognition. I have been hearing the crowd doing their bullsh@& cheer, but they do need to get into it a little more like we used to up there. Burning couches while waiting in line and smoking out the gophers in their locker room, heckling players over the glass and having them shoot pucks at us and requiring one person to recieve 20 stiches, ahh the good old days at the old Ralph. Well I am done talking to myself. If anyone else has been checking this for updates, let me know and I'll keep them coming. I am sure that everybody has found a place to enjoy the game. Shoot, another goal. 3-0, way too quick.

These EAST COAST RUBES just don't get it. They don't really respect UND, they seem to think that Cornell is some powerhouse, also, how long has it been since MSU beat us? These east coast people don't have a clue how good the WCHA/western college hockey is.

B.C. as we all learned from ESPN are the golden boys of college hockey, just like the Dirty Gophers, Boston college is 20 minutes away from winning a national title. I wonder what they would have said tonight.

As we saw fromt he refing to night B.C. is going to get every break from the officals. I thought UND did one thing tonight they shut the critics up and showed that UND can skate with anyone, if B.C. is supposed to be number one and headed to Boston then UND is probably going to be a final four participant too.

I was flabbergasted today as the crowd (meaning general public) actually got into the game. It seemed like half the crowd was mocking Anderson. I've never heard it louder. in the third period and for the short time we were down by one (twice).

To answer the question: I would think that ESPN would have simply switched gears and started talking about what BC needs to do to beat UND tommorrow. They would barely acknowledge UND's victory instead calling it BC's loss. So, as far as being 20 minutes from an NC, I'd say this setback, by ESPN standards, has merely set it back 5 minutes.

I still maintain that UND should get 3 points for this win. They had to beat the officials and BC. It's tough when home ice advantage is wiped out by officials.

I was flabbergasted today as the crowd (meaning general public) actually got into the game. It seemed like half the crowd was mocking Anderson. I've never heard it louder. in the third period and for the short time we were down by one (twice).

To answer the question: I would think that ESPN would have simply switched gears and started talking about what BC needs to do to beat UND tommorrow. They would barely acknowledge UND's victory instead calling it BC's loss. So, as far as being 20 minutes from an NC, I'd say this setback, by ESPN standards, has merely set it back 5 minutes.

I still maintain that UND should get 3 points for this win. They had to beat the officials and BC. It's tough when home ice advantage is wiped out by officials.

Yeah, mocking him, that's what we were doing. ;)

Anderson's officiating was a flippin joke. 8-3 in penalties, with two 5-3's. Did anyone else notice a lot of clutch and grab play by BC a la Denver towards the end?

The linesmen I thought called a pretty good game from that standpoint. On BC's 4th goal I thought they may have been offsides, but I would need to see a replay to be sure, it was damned close.

I was actually surprised that the CSTV announcers didn't talk up BC more. All they talked about between periods was what UND needed to do. However, I am sick of hearing about Eaves. They weren't the best, but it did seem pretty fair.

On another note, I was in Vegas this weekend and went to the Imperial Palace and NO SIOUX FOOTBALL!

I was actually surprised that the CSTV announcers didn't talk up BC more. All they talked about between periods was what UND needed to do. However, I am sick of hearing about Eaves. They weren't the best, but it did seem pretty fair.

On another note, I was in Vegas this weekend and went to the Imperial Palace and NO SIOUX FOOTBALL!

So? Englestad was UND HOCKEY! Thinking about his attitude, he probably doesn't care about UND Football