SiouxSports.com Forum

Eades about Cornell

gfhockey

Was listening to coach eades today on the radio and i didnt catch all of it but he said something that one of the cornell reporters was really rude or somthing and that got the guys really fired up

i thoguth i heard he took cheap shots at the sioux team and all the peopel back in north dakota??

Was listening to coach eades today on the radio and i didnt catch all of it but he said something that one of the cornell reporters was really rude or somthing and that got the guys really fired up

i thougth i heard he took cheap shots at the sioux team and all the peopel back in north dakota??

It would be interesting to see who it was?

I have been scanning the posts from the Cornell hockey beat writers and they were respectful and complentry.

The tv broadcasters were very respectful and complentry. INCH's Gladdy was very complentry of UND, he from

Ithica bent over back wards to say nice things. Sounds like he brought Brad and Jayson warm cloths for the second

night.

i thoguth i heard he took cheap shots at the sioux team and all the peopel back in north dakota??

if the boys need a reporter to get them motivated for a big series then we are in trouble.

North Dakota @ Cornell

This might be the last big non-conference series of the year for ECAC Hockey, and a rare opportunity for fans at Lynah to see a WCHA team up close and in person. Fortunately for the Red & White, NoDak is sub-par away from The Ralph. UND's goaltending is average at best, and the rest of the roster is deep but surprisingly lacking in star-power. Sophomore Jason Gregoire is the only double-digit goal-scorer on the team (12), and stellar offensive defenseman Chay Genoway hasn't played since mid-November (concussion issues). It's time to remind the elitist midwesterners (doesn't that sound funny, coming from an Ivy League school?) what ECAC Hockey is, and what it can do. 4-2 Big Red

[Read more]

Maybe he was talking about this little nugget.

That might be it?

That's what Eades was talking about. He said that the team didn't appreciate the comments or getting picked to be swept. Here is the prediction for Saturday.

Instincts tell me to pick the split, and I'd just typed up my justification for it when I said, the heck with it. Cornell has a team capable of beating just about anybody when it's on its game, and this is a big-stage moment for the 2009-10 Big Red. Go get 'em, boys. 2-1 Cornell.

Wait.

Wut?

Is this belly-aching about what USCHO and some other message board posts said?

Get a grip people.

Eades was on KNOX radio this morning like he normally is on Mondays during the season. He casually mentioned that some players on the team didn't like a couple of comments that were written by Eastern press. A couple of people wanted to know exactly what was said that the players didn't like and some of us were trying to identify the comments. No one here is belly-aching about anything, and I don't think the players were that concerned about it either. It was just a point of conversation. So I think every already has a grip, they just wanted a little clarification and information.

I think it's funny that Cornell fans brag about the Lynah advantage but I don't think the rink is anymore intimidating than any other WCHA rink. Then I read somewhere that no Western team had been there since 1979. So if anything that advantage is probably over stated. Maybe the WCHA needs to travel to some of these places and play.

Hennesey was talking about this on the pregame interview with Hakstol.

Personally I don't mind them calling our hockey team elitist. I think it sounds kinda cool.

You'd think the USCHO writer would be used to covering out of conference hockey teams.

I guess after listening to our competitors call UND a bunch of country bum kins and knuckle dragging, snuff chewing hicks I think it's kind of funny to be called elite. It would be cool to play them guys more, seems like it could be a fun rivalry.

...I read somewhere that no Western team had been there since 1979. So if anything that advantage is probably over stated...

If no WCHA team had been there for 30 years, I'd say the rink is extremely intimidating.

And, by definition, an advantage.

If no WCHA team had been there for 30 years, I'd say the rink is extremely intimidating.

And, by definition, an advantage.

I would say just the opposite, it just means they have had a wcha team come beat them since 1979. :(

I think it's funny that Cornell fans brag about the Lynah advantage but I don't think the rink is anymore intimidating than any other WCHA rink. Then I read somewhere that no Western team had been there since 1979. So if anything that advantage is probably over stated. Maybe the WCHA needs to travel to some of these places and play.

The students were still on break, so I'd say we had only about 50% of our usual idiocy. Because of that, much of the crowd was people who don't often get a chance to score a ticket, resulting in a more sedate group. Not to mention that due to Sioux' incredible in-your-face-constant-pressure defense, we were holding our breaths for much of the time. Heck, what was it? Eight minutes the whole weekend we had a lead?

Can a Cornell guy be a Sioux fan? I'd love to wear one of those excellent black jersies while I watch on DirecTV... :(

The students were still on break, so I'd say we had only about 50% of our usual idiocy. Because of that, much of the crowd was people who don't often get a chance to score a ticket, resulting in a more sedate group. Not to mention that due to Sioux' incredible in-your-face-constant-pressure defense, we were holding our breaths for much of the time. Heck, what was it? Eight minutes the whole weekend we had a lead?

Can a Cornell guy be a Sioux fan? I'd love to wear one of those excellent black jersies while I watch on DirecTV... :p

jump on board my friend, we will be the western team you cheer for! :( and i love those black jerseys!!

Can a Cornell guy be a Sioux fan? I'd love to wear one of those excellent black jersies while I watch on DirecTV... :huh:

Why not? I think you could find a lot of college hockey fans around the country that choose UND as a 2nd favorite team, or at least a team they like to follow. Either that or they hate the Sioux, and we all know those people are jealous. :(:p