SiouxSports.com Forum

Who will the Sioux play in the East next season?

JESUS,family,rutgers

From Brad Schlossman's blog:

UND's 2010-11 schedule hasn't been finalized yet and next season is still a long way off, so things are subject to change, but here's the tentative lineup for next year's schedule:

Oct. 3 -- MANITOBA (exh)

Oct. 8-9 -- Nye Classic in Anchorage (vs. UAA and UAF)

Oct. 15-16 -- at Bemidji State

Oct. 22-23 -- at Maine

Oct. 29-30 -- DENVER

Nov. 5-6 -- DULUTH

Nov. 12-13 -- at Wisconsin

Nov. 19-20 -- at Omaha

Nov. 26-27 -- NOTRE DAME

Dec. 3-4 -- ST. CLOUD STATE

Dec. 10-11 -- at Mankato

Dec. 18 -- U.S. UNDER 18

Dec. 30 -- at Duluth (Hall of Fame Game)

Jan. 7-8 -- ROBERT MORRIS

Jan. 14-15 -- MINNESOTA

Jan. 21-22 -- OMAHA

Jan. 28-29 -- at Colorado College

Feb. 11-12 -- ANCHORAGE

Feb. 18-19 -- at St. Cloud State

Feb. 25-26 -- BEMIDJI STATE

March 4-5 -- at Michigan Tech

From Brad Schlossman's blog:

Does anybody happen to know any websites that list future college hockey schedules for all teams? There are a few for college football, but none for college hockey that I am aware of. It's never too early to start planning road trips for next fall.

I am considering/thinking/hoping to go out to North Dakota to watch the Sioux play home for the first time. Hopefully,the football team will be home during the Denver and Minnesota-Duluth games. If you had the choice,which series would you pick?

Denver, much more intense. and for some people this rivalry has almost equaled the one with the gophers and has surpassed wisconsin.

I am considering/thinking/hoping to go out to North Dakota to watch the Sioux play home for the first time. Hopefully,the football team will be home during the Denver and Minnesota-Duluth games. If you had the choice,which series would you pick?

Siouxweet is right, come to the DU game if you can. They really are the villians much like UMN was in the 1990's. I think the rivalry in the 2000's really replaced the Gophers as the top billing and the games are much more exciting. For some reason they have also become the leagues golden boys. You might see a dasher dance as well.

Minnesota Duluth is more of a fun rivalry, while Denver is much more intense like the other said. UMD is more like backyard fun while Denver is grudge match. I wouldn't put Denver quite to the University of Minnesota level for all of us, but it is probably at least number 2 for most people right now. So it probably depends on whether you want a fun, relaxed series or you want to see intense, playoff style hockey.

According to the tentative football and hockey schedules, UND will be hosting Lamar University in football the weekend of the Denver series and they will be hosting UC Davis, a league opponent, the weekend of the Duluth series. At this point neither the football or hockey schedules are confirmed, but the football schedule should be pretty solid.

Minnesota Duluth is more of a fun rivalry, while Denver is much more intense like the other said. UMD is more like backyard fun while Denver is grudge match. I wouldn't put Denver quite to the University of Minnesota level for all of us, but it is probably at least number 2 for most people right now. So it probably depends on whether you want a fun, relaxed series or you want to see intense, playoff style hockey.

According to the tentative football and hockey schedules, UND will be hosting Lamar University in football the weekend of the Denver series and they will be hosting UC Davis, a league opponent, the weekend of the Duluth series. At this point neither the football or hockey schedules are confirmed, but the football schedule should be pretty solid.

As far as I'm concerned, Denver is a much bigger rival for ME than Minnesota. I love to spank the Gophers, but it erks my like no other to lose to Denver.

Reasons:

-Both have 7 titles, second most in the NCAA (Michigan, 9)

-Gwozdecky

-Paukovich

-Gwozdecky

-Multiple title game losses to them over the years

-Gwozdecky

-How good they always seem to be

Minnesota is a great border rivalry and there are a lot of Minnesota sports fans in and around GF that make things interesting, but throw those aside and Denver easily takes the cake for me. Everyone knows a Gopher fan, and that makes it fun to be able to rub it in their face after a sweet victory, and that's part of it. Also, many students/players from UND are from Minnesota, and that's a big deal as well.

I agree.

No offense to Puck Swami but...

Come to DU/UND tilt to see tense, high stakes, bitter hockey as both teams hate each other. The action will be spirited, intense, and full of action... however, for those who are diehard, it will be frought with ups and downs and stress while the game is tight (which it will undoubtedly be). There is no love lost between the two fanbases.

Come to UMD/UND if you want to have a fun weekend at the Ralph with pretty cool opposing fans. It's a lighter rivalry with the contention between fan bases FAR more friendly.

If you came to UND/BSU it would almost be like hanging out at a buddy's house watching the games despite rooting for different teams. And, yeah, I know that wasn't one of your options. I'm just saying. :angry:

If you came to UND/BSU it would almost be like hanging out at a buddy's house watching the games despite rooting for different teams. And, yeah, I know that wasn't one of your options. I'm just saying. :angry:

Hey I resemble that statement.

If I remember right Redwing77 sat with me and the some of the BSU fans that I know during the Miami and BSU game.

There's quite a few of us Sioux/BSU fans along Hwy 2. I see a few Sioux hats or jerseys at BSU games. Heck, I saw Sioux jerseys at the BSU/UMD game Saturday in Duluth.

If I remember right Redwing77 sat with me and the some of the BSU fans that I know during the Miami and BSU game.

I'm not "wowing" the fact that you enjoy BSU hockey, that's understandable. It's the use of the word "resemble" in that statement. You resemble BSU hockey?

I'm not "wowing" the fact that you enjoy BSU hockey, that's understandable. It's the use of the word "resemble" in that statement. You resemble BSU hockey?

This is the statement I resemble:

If you came to UND/BSU it would almost be like hanging out at a buddy's house watching the games despite rooting for different teams. And

There's quite a few of us Sioux/BSU fans along Hwy 2. I see a few Sioux hats or jerseys at BSU games. Heck, I saw Sioux jerseys at the BSU/UMD game Saturday in Duluth.

That was a good game I watched it on my Computer. Exciting game.