SiouxSports.com Forum

Final Five Restructure

01grad

We go for the hockey and to spend time with Sioux fans. The 2-2-2 format on Thursday - Saturday is just fine. I take the whole day off any way on Thursday to drive down (3 hours or so). Saturday morning brunch at Hoggsbreath (right MafiaMan!!) for Sioux fans is a great time. We sit beside a couple of great Gopher fans ( they won't cheer for the Sioux and we won't cheer for the Gophers). They can have a naming contest for the six team event. Even with low attendance at some of the games, this tournament outdraws any other conference tournament by far. It is all about the hockey, even if Dagies is trying to call security on me!

I don't recall ever calling security on you. You must have me mixed up with that short guy next to me.

We go for the hockey and to spend time with Sioux fans. The 2-2-2 format on Thursday - Saturday is just fine. I take the whole day off any way on Thursday to drive down (3 hours or so). Saturday morning brunch at Hoggsbreath (right MafiaMan!!) for Sioux fans is a great time. We sit beside a couple of great Gopher fans ( they won't cheer for the Sioux and we won't cheer for the Gophers). They can have a naming contest for the six team event. Even with low attendance at some of the games, this tournament outdraws any other conference tournament by far. It is all about the hockey, even if Dagies is trying to call security on me!

I have got to go to Hoggsbreath this year. I had to move a fricken piano last year when that was going on.

So we can afford our high quality officiating crew?

I remember one time years ago during a Coaches show Tim Hennessey saying that the WCHA had had 100,00.00's gaining interest sitting in bank or something like that. You sure as hell couldn't tell by the keys stone cops we have officiating our games.

The CCHA has now got it right. And since switching to their current format, they are winning more NCAA games. Time for the WCHA to stop beating our best teams up just before the season's biggest games - the NCAA.

I would advocate a BYE WEEK for the top four seeds.

Then a second week with four "quarterfinal" series - best of three.

And a "final four" in St Paul.

You can keep or delete the third place game. I like a team that takes pride at the chance to represent, anytime anyplace. However, since I believe WCHA would benefit from fewer league games at the end, I would vote to delete (and give our teams a longer rest for NCAA.)

Checking into hotels on Thursday is going to be a nightmare with two games to attend. Most places have 3PM check-in times...

We stay at the Holiday INN so I am sure they would have some kind of an arrangement would make an adjustment so their guest could get in and settled down before the game.

We stay at the Holiday INN so I am sure they would have some kind of an arrangement would make an adjustment so their guest could get in and settled down before the game.

Yes, I'm sure the hotels would be able to work something out. We stay at the Embassy Suites every year, and an early Thursday game would force a tough choice between the game and the 5:30 "managers reception!"

The option I proposed to my clan is to just check in and start the party on Wednesday after work! :ohmy: