SIOUX VS. GOPHERS

Oxbow6

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This team is not the same team without Genoway (understatement). I think they played harder and better tonite than they did last nite, but Hakstol's teams over his 6 years just cannot score goals.

Kind of need that component to win games!

I've said this from early on, we don't have many finishers/goal scorers. Got some very good talent, but you got to bury the puck. Case in point...tonight!

Kind of need that component to win games!

I've said this from early on, we don't many finishers/goal scorers. Got some very good talent, but you got to bury the puck. Case in point...tonight!

Do you think it is the type of players hakstol recruits? We don't have any more players on the team that were recruited by Dean. Hakstol has taking us to the frozen four 4 of the last 6 years and has gotten nothing. Does there come a point in time when you say maybe he won't get us any farther then he already has.

For the most part this game, the Sioux controlled play. They didn't look entirely sharp, but they still got a boatload of chances.

Wow, Brian.

With all due respect, I don't think the Sioux were ever in the game. I only watched the first two periods, but I never once saw a green jersey win a race to the puck. I saw a bunch of weak shots on goal, all aimed squarely at the "M" on the goalie's chest. I saw a bunch of pansy-azz passes when a crisp one was called for.

There is a lot of talent on this team. They are short-handed b/c of injuries, but there is still a lot of talent. They weren't in the game, and when that fluke goal floated over top of Eidsness (who didn't even see it!!!!!!!!) they lost their composure and lost all hope of getting back in.

It is a young team, maybe a year away from being a really good team. I had hopes that they'd pull a rabbit out of their hat this year, but I'll be happy with home ice and a seed into the NCAAs. This isn't a championship team; they might be next year.

That was the most bizarro game I've seen in a long time.

Loved the Sioux play for long LONG stretches, including tons of point blank chances. Then the brown and yellow come down and get the bounce. Repeat.

As Hak noted in the postgame, there was one mental mistake (Gleason firing into Lucia that led to the break) but I never thought we were out of it either, until the clock went inside 2 minutes.

I was also happy that we played strong and clean in the third period. The bench is too damn short already, and we need ALL the healthy bodies and no suspensions going into Cornell (which is a more important weekend for PWR / NCAA purposes than the Minnesota games, oddly enough). Nice bit of discipline from what was a very frustrated bench.

Its somewhat amazing that this was the first loss at Mariucci for any of the Sioux, even the seniors who end 4-1-1 at the John for their careers.

Last, I agree with the comment (forget who should get credit) to switch Kristo off the line with Trupp and Malone. Put Kristo on a different line and get Trupp and Malone a 3rd playmaker for that line.

As Hak noted in the postgame, there was one mental mistake (Gleason firing into Lucia that led to the break) but I never thought we were out of it either, until the clock went inside 2 minutes.

I was also happy that we played strong and clean in the third period. The bench is too damn short already, and we need ALL the healthy bodies and no suspensions going into Cornell (which is a more important weekend for PWR / NCAA purposes than the Minnesota games, oddly enough). Nice bit of discipline from what was a very frustrated bench.

What frickin' game was Hak watching???

Agree with you there. All h*** could of broke loose.