SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Iowa State

Hambone

Well, based on CNNSI the Sioux are losing 21-13 with 6:30 left in the half. Shooting 25% from the field (and 25% from 3 point range). Luckily, the 'Clones are only shooting 28.6%, including 18% from three and are only 7-14 from the line (Sioux are 1-2).

Sounds like an ugly first half shooting for both teams.

Sioux radioman Paul Ralston is making no excuses. Basically said if you repeatedly can't finish at this level, then you shouldn't be playing. Mentioned that half or more of the missed UND shots were within a step from the basket.

It hasn't mattered whether it is Mayville or ISU this year. This team would struggle in the DAC, right?

Tonite, they would have won against Mayville or the DAC. They competed, played hard. My point was if anybody was expecting a Win, they are crazy, we have not near the Talent to beat any Big 12 school. The Sioux tonite hung in and keep it close a 10-12 point game for almost 30 minutes...

What I struggle with most about this year's team is the fact that on multiple occasions, tonight included, UND has entered the half with a managable deficit, a tie, or a lead. Then the wheels seem to always come off in the second half.

They were within range at half time against a Big 12 team. That was probably over-achieving for this year's team. It sounds like they played more to their usual level in the second half. It would have been very difficult for them to play over their heads for a full game.

We shot 29% for the game! And when you give up 80+ playing a zone defense... :silly:

1-12 and on our way to 1 and... :)

The sad thing is that we actually could have been alot better on offense, UND got the shot they wanted. I watched at least 1 dozen shots missed within 5 feet of the Basket,including a point blank dunk....?

I have no answer for the defense, the effort seemed to be there in the 1st 20 minutes. I imagine we do not have the Athletes to match up man to man, but you will lose almost every game giving up 50+ points in the 2nd half....?

The sad thing is that we actually could have been alot better on offense, UND got the shot they wanted. I watched at least 1 dozen shots missed within 5 feet of the Basket,including a point blank dunk....?

I have no answer for the defense, the effort seemed to be there in the 1st 20 minutes. I imagine we do not have the Athletes to match up man to man, but you will lose almost every game giving up 50+ points in the 2nd half....?

I missed the game, but noticed that UND had 20 points at the half. Was an extra point blocked?

I missed the game, but noticed that UND had 20 points at the half. Was an extra point blocked?

that's 2 games in a row they went for two.....?

seriously, you have to be able to score more than a point a minute...? against UNI, UND had 24 points in the 1st / 26 minutes of basketball...sad

Speaking of blocked extra points...didn't SDSU use football players a few years ago because of injury or eligibility issues or something?

Kyle Bondy..."also competed in basketball and was a three-year letterwinner and two-year starter."

What do we have to lose at this point?

Speaking of blocked extra points...didn't SDSU use football players a few years ago because of injury or eligibility issues or something?

Kyle Bondy..."also competed in basketball and was a three-year letterwinner and two-year starter."

What do we have to lose at this point?

I agree with you. Not sure if the results would be different though as our football team can't beat NAIA teams either at the moment.

I agree with you. Not sure if the results would be different though as our football team can't beat NAIA teams either at the moment.

Please don't even begin to compare the state of the UND football program with the men's basketball program. The football team had a winning record against dI competition, and is clearly on the right track as there is a lot of good young talent on the team. The basketball program is a completely different story.