SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Central Arkansas

UND92,96

UND is now 7-7 vs. FCS competition through two years of the transition--not bad all things considered. We obviously have a ways to go, but it seems the program is at least heading in the right direction.

The latest Sagarin rankings have UND at 33rd among FCS teams. I consider that pretty good considering clearly this team wasn't one of our better teams of the past 15 years or so.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After looking deeper into the Central Arkansas schedule, this win begins to look even better. While I realize their overall record isn't great, they did have some impressive games this year, which I highlighted. They beat an FBS Western Kentucky team pretty handily, and came close to defeating Hawaii. I also take into account both teams were definitely down this year. McNeese and SFA were both obviously FCS playoff participants from the Southland Conference. They also had a close loss to Sam Houston State by 3 points.

9/05 @ Hawaii 0-1 (0-0) L 25-20

9/19 @ Western Kentucky 1-1 (0-0) W 28-7

9/26 Glenville State 2-1 (0-0) W 24-10

10/03 vs. Missouri S&T 3-1 (0-0) W 45-10

10/10 @ Northwestern State 4-1 (1-0) W 34-0

10/17 Stephen F. Austin 4-2 (1-1) L 33-30

10/24 Nicholls State 5-2 (2-1) W 42-13

10/31 @ Southeastern Louisiana 5-3 (2-2) L 25-21

11/07 Texas State 5-4 (2-3) L 27-24

11/14 @ Sam Houston State 5-5 (2-4) L 17-14

11/21 @ McNeese State 5-6 (2-5) L 21-17

Not a big fan of moral victories, but there are a lot of positives to how this team closed out the season. Won 3 out of their last 4 after the two losses to Sioux Falls and Southern Utah, which was the low point of the season and the transition.

Lots to look forward to and be excited about. I absolutely CANNOT WAIT to see how this freshman class looks in spring ball and the 2010 season.

The only other FCS teams playing were in the playoffs. But that's beside the point. :angry:;) Congrats to the Sioux players and the entire team for a good win to close the season.

It certainly was a roller coaster ride this year. Outside of the NAIA struggles, it was a fun season to be part of. Can't wait for next year. Hopefully Landry improves and we get Murry back.

Congratulations to Coach Mussman and the team, especially to the graduating seniors who meant so much to the 2009 edition of the Sioux. The victory over Central Arkansas was a great way to top off the season. Now I realize that 6-5 isn't much different from 5-6, but I think it means a world of difference. A great way to head into 2010. Just did some checking and learned that UND and NDSU over the years have both played to a statistical winning percentage of .623. UND has played 989 games, winning 601, losing 358 and tying 30, while NDSU has played 996 games, winning 604, also losing 358 and tying 34. Who would have thunk it?