SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux @ Michigan Tech

AZSIOUX

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting excited for the weekend. Sioux pux and ND white tails.

What do you think of Tech? They look pretty big (so was AA). THey split with SCS. Do the pose problems?

The trip to Houghton never seems to be easy. Similar to the Alaska trip. I see us winning one game, and hopefully both, but wouldn't be surprised if we dropped one or tied one there. At least it's not Winter Carnival weekend!!!

Getting excited for the weekend. Sioux pux and ND white tails.

What do you think of Tech? They look pretty big (so was AA). THey split with SCS. Do the pose problems?

Heading out to the shack now. If anyone hasn't bought their ammo they might be SOL. Especially the ones that shoot .270 Winchester.

The trip to Houghton never seems to be easy. Similar to the Alaska trip. I see us winning one game, and hopefully both, but wouldn't be surprised if we dropped one or tied one there. At least it's not Winter Carnival weekend!!!

we really need to win both these games. if we drop back to back sub four point weekends to uaa and umt, that could play havoc on the confidence going forward. we started the season with a pretty easy schedule, which isn't typical of this team, so we need to capatalize and get four more points this weekend.

He needs to. I'm wondering if he's gripping the stick too much or what, because with all the chances he's had, he should have one already. I think once he gets one, the floodgates may open for him.

i think he may need to for his own sake when referring to just scoring a actual goal. the team is doing fine and hes contributing in other ways which is good. it will come for him! i agree on the floodgates. go sioux, sweep the techies!!

He needs to. I'm wondering if he's gripping the stick too much or what, because with all the chances he's had, he should have one already. I think once he gets one, the floodgates may open for him.

I remeber when Jason Blake was at UND and he had a slow start to the year (199?). A bunch of us were very releived when he got the monkey off his back and the goals started coming. I think he scored against Tech to get it going.(?)

I remeber when Jason Blake was at UND and he had a slow start to the year (199?). A bunch of us were very releived when he got the monkey off his back and the goals started coming. I think he scored against Tech to get it going.(?)

I remember Blake being older when he transferred to UND, but I doubt it was in the year 199.

;)

we really need to win both these games. if we drop back to back sub four point weekends to uaa and umt, that could play havoc on the confidence going forward. we started the season with a pretty easy schedule, which isn't typical of this team, so we need to capatalize and get four more points this weekend.

I really want us to win both of these games, but I don't think it's a must. I think a lot of people forget, especially with the start the team has had this year, how young this team really is. 17 underclassmen (Sophomores and Freshman) on this team. Yes, we have a lot of talent in those 17 players, and I think we're seeing that, but it's the WCHA and we're on the road against a team everyone expects us to beat. Jamie Russell has done a pretty good job at Tech with what he's had to work with, and the traditional Tech system that they apply will, IMO, give us problems again this weekend. Like I said, as a Sioux fan, I want all 4 points (every weekend), but it's roadtrips and games against teams like this that really help us grow as a team. A hiccup here and there isn't always a bad thing for a young team. I'm really hoping for a good showing as a team this weekend, including the younger players.

slow start? in his very first game in oct of 1996 he scored the winning goal in overtime to beat denver and the rest is history for that season.

;) You make it sound like the Sioux had a unstoppable team in '96-'97. If I remember correctly, it was the OT goal at the Final Five by Pete Armbrust that gave us the #1 seeding and motivation to make the playoff run that we did. Such a magical season though. I think that was the year we had 4 or 5, 5 goal periods, including the 2nd period of the national championship game against BU.

;) You make it sound like the Sioux had a unstoppable team in '96-'97. If I remember correctly, it was the OT goal at the Final Five by Pete Armbrust that gave us the #1 seeding and motivation to make the playoff run that we did. Such a magical season though. I think that was the year we had 4 or 5, 5 goal periods, including the 2nd period of the national championship game against BU.

I think when he said the rest is history he was referring to Blakers season.

The magical season was allowed to stay magical when BU beat Michigan to advance. Even Blais thought it was a huge win. Anyone remember that Michigan team. They could of beat some pro teams. they went 34-4-4

The magical season was allowed to stay magical when BU beat Michigan to advance. Even Blais thought it was a huge win. Anyone remember that Michigan team. They could of beat some pro teams. they went 34-4-4

Everything seemed to fall into place that year, including BU beating Michigan. After we won the semifinal game, I still didn't think we stood a chance at winning it all, as I thought we'd be playing mighty Michigan. BU pulled off the shocker, but couldn't complete the feat, as they lost to us.

actually we were the number 2 seed in the west behind michigan. but bottom line was it was magical as that team was picked to finish inthe middle of the pack and ended up winning it all.

The games aren't on TV, so I'd say no.

But they ARE on the internet and I know they are not "supposed" to show the internet broadcast but... I think they do from time to time... so if anyone knows post it here ASAP please!