SiouxSports.com Forum

GOPHERZ/AZSIOUX 2nd ANNUAL PICK 'EM CHALLENGE

gopherz

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

After slowly dying off last year for whatever reason, the GOPHERZ vs. AZSIOUX challenge is back for year 3.

As always, everyone is more than welcome to participate and I can try to keep week by week standings. 2 points for correctly picking a tie, 1 point for correctly picking the winner of each game. WCHA Matchups only.

Since we were both busy this past weekend, we texted each other our picks, which were:

gopherz:

Friday

UMD

GOPHERS

DU

WISCONSIN

MANKATO

Saturday

UMD

GOPHERS

DU

WISCONSIN

UAA

AZSIOUX:

Friday

UMD

CC

SIOUX

WISCONSIN

MANKATO

Saturday

BEMIDJI

CC

SIOUX

WISCONSIN

KATO/UAA TIE

Standings after week 1:

gopherz: 7

AZSIOUX: 7 (nice call on the tie)

As always, anyones commentary on my picks is welcome. I'm sure I will get ripped as usual.

On to next week's games....5 WCHA series on the schedule.

Colorado College vs. Denver

Looks like a big week of rivalry games if you ask me....after watching the disaster that CC put on the ice this past week and catching a few glimpses of the UND/DU series, it's hard for me to think that CC will get it done. Maybe they win at home on Saturday? Doubt it. They are horrible defensively and can't seem to hit the net. One positive for CC is their power play, which was about all they had going for them against the Gophers

Bemidji @ SCSU

Welcome to the WCHA, Bemidji, would you win a conference game? Picking SCSU is like trying to predict what Brett Favre is going to hurt next...I think this is going to be a case of having to pick against them until they prove me wrong.

Becky @ Gophers

Screw you, Becky BADger...You beat Michigan Tech twice, big deal. Even the lowly Gophers managed a road sweep last year. To make up for the brutal slaughter that was the football game 3 weeks back, a Gopher sweep is in the making. If tDon trots Kangas out there I think the mental meltdown will continue and we will get a loss. That being said, I see Patterson getting a few starts again this weekend, or at least Friday to set the tone. As usual, I will pick a Gophers sweep, but I actually think it's a possibility. Time to build on last weekend's goal fest and put double digit goals on Becky for the weekend.

UMD @ Sioux

Uhhh, I have no clue what is going to happen here...either team could sweep and it would come as zero surprise to me. I still think the Sioux are one of the more talented teams in the country....except in net. UMD has been putting the puck in the net at will and I think that may be a bad combination for your Sioux. I might be leaning towards a split here, but we will see.

Kato @ UNO

I am still bitter that those a-holes from UNO swept the Gophers. That being said, Blais is legit and even though I don't think they are at all talented, they will be competitive all year. I will likely continue my trend of picking Kato on Fridays, and then letting them choke on Saturday.

On to my picks....

Friday

Colorado College @ Denver

Bemidji @ SCSU

becky BADger @ GOPHERS

UMD @ Sioux

Kato @ UNO

Saturday

Denver @ Colorado College

Bemidji @ SCSU

becky BADger @ GOPHERS

UMD @ Sioux

Kato @ UNO

Final thoughts: Picked a DU/CC split for god knows why, I think DU sweep more likely. Bemidji has to win a game before I ever pick them. Screw Becky. If this were the 2nd half of the season I'd pick a Sioux sweep. I don't like John Hill. That is all.

Good luck to you AZSIOUX, as well as anyone else who wants to make picks.

As always, anyones commentary on my picks is welcome. I'm sure I will get ripped as usual.

On to next week's games....5 WCHA series on the schedule.

Colorado College vs. Denver

Looks like a big week of rivalry games if you ask me....after watching the disaster that CC put on the ice this past week and catching a few glimpses of the UND/DU series, it's hard for me to think that CC will get it done. Maybe they win at home on Saturday? Doubt it. They are horrible defensively and can't seem to hit the net. One positive for CC is their power play, which was about all they had going for them against the Gophers

Bemidji @ SCSU

Welcome to the WCHA, Bemidji, would you win a conference game? Picking SCSU is like trying to predict what Brett Favre is going to hurt next...I think this is going to be a case of having to pick against them until they prove me wrong.

Becky @ Gophers

Screw you, Becky BADger...You beat Michigan Tech twice, big deal. Even the lowly Gophers managed a road sweep last year. To make up for the brutal slaughter that was the football game 3 weeks back, a Gopher sweep is in the making. If tDon trots Kangas out there I think the mental meltdown will continue and we will get a loss. That being said, I see Patterson getting a few starts again this weekend, or at least Friday to set the tone. As usual, I will pick a Gophers sweep, but I actually think it's a possibility. Time to build on last weekend's goal fest and put double digit goals on Becky for the weekend.

UMD @ Sioux

Uhhh, I have no clue what is going to happen here...either team could sweep and it would come as zero surprise to me. I still think the Sioux are one of the more talented teams in the country....except in net. UMD has been putting the puck in the net at will and I think that may be a bad combination for your Sioux. I might be leaning towards a split here, but we will see.

Kato @ UNO

I am still bitter that those a-holes from UNO swept the Gophers. That being said, Blais is legit and even though I don't think they are at all talented, they will be competitive all year. I will likely continue my trend of picking Kato on Fridays, and then letting them choke on Saturday.

On to my picks....

Friday

Bemidji @ SCSU

becky BADger @ GOPHERS

UMD @ Sioux

Kato @ UNO

Saturday

Bemidji @ SCSU

becky BADger @ GOPHERS

UMD @ Sioux

Kato @ UNO

Final thoughts: Picked a DU/CC split for god knows why, I think DU sweep more likely. Bemidji has to win a game before I ever pick them. Screw Becky. If this were the 2nd half of the season I'd pick a Sioux sweep. I don't like John Hill. That is all.

Good luck to you AZSIOUX, as well as anyone else who wants to make picks.

in.....

Friday

Bemidji @ SCSU

becky BADger @ GOPHERS

UMD @ Sioux

Kato @ UNO

Saturday

Bemidji @ SCSU

becky BADger @ GOPHERS

UMD @ Sioux

Kato @ UNO

I'll total this from last week and get my picks in after work....

From the looks of it, I had a rough week. Still pissed about that pick of the tie for you on the Saturday Gopher game, got hosed there, 3 point swing.

What ever you don't let the Gophers (football and hockey) and the Vikequeens bring you down.