Denver at Minnesota

North Dakota at Alaska-Anchorage

Minnesota-Duluth at St. Cloud State

Michigan Tech at Colorado College

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is real honor system scenario you got going on here. if azsioux simply waited for gopherz picks every week and made the exact same picks, then he couldn't lose because he already has the lead. unless of course there's a clause whereby the first to pick alternates each week.

even better, if you both want to send me your picks each week, i can post them at the same time every thursday afternoon or whenever you'd like.

then again, maybe this isn't a concern for either of you. i already know that i'm a details guy when it comes to competition.

this is real honor system scenario you got going on here. if azsioux simply waited for gopherz picks every week and made the exact same picks, then he couldn't lose because he already has the lead. unless of course there's a clause whereby the first to pick alternates each week.

even better, if you both want to send me your picks each week, i can post them at the same time every thursday afternoon or whenever you'd like.

then again, maybe this isn't a concern for either of you. i already know that i'm a details guy when it comes to competition.

I think we both trust each other, it's really not a big deal at all, at least to me. If he wants to do that I can though.

We did this last year as well and both decided we would just make our honest predictions no matter what. I lost some weeks, won some weeks, but in the end AZSIOUX ended up winning. Having to buy him that hat was depressing :D

I think we both trust each other, it's really not a big deal at all, at least to me. If he wants to do that I can though.

We did this last year as well and both decided we would just make our honest predictions no matter what. I lost some weeks, won some weeks, but in the end AZSIOUX ended up winning. Having to buy him that hat was depressing :D

it was a bemidji state one at least as i was leaving to the frozen 4 in dc ;) this year ill make usre i pick out the best possible sioux hat i can find ;)

and yeah i think we are ok on the picks and trusting but thanks

That would take all the fun out of it though, which is most likely the number one thing to both these guys.

That would take all the fun out of it though, which is most likely the number one thing to both these guys.

i know, but like i said, i'm a details guy when it comes to competition. setting ground rules that make it as cheat proof as possible, regardless of the likelihood of cheating, is often an important detail. sounds like they want to keep it casual though, which is cool.

wchagames623.png

DENVER

SCSU

MINNESOTA

DENVER

SCSU

MINNESOTA

AZSIOUX picks oct 30/31

score as of date

AZSIOUX - 11

gopherz - 5

FRIDAY

St. Cloud State at Michigan Tech

Alaska-Anchorage at Minnesota

Minnesota State at Denver

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

AZSIOUX picks oct 30/31

score as of date

AZSIOUX - 11

gopherz - 5

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

We tied this week with 4

AZSIOUX: 15

GOPHERZ: 9

November 6, 2009

Denver @ Alaska-Anchorage

Minnesota-Duluth @ Colorado College

Minnesota @ Wisconsin

North Dakota @ Michigan Tech

November 7, 2009

Minnesota @ Wisconsin

Thoughts

Denver vs. AA - Well I watched both of these teams the past 2 weekends and for me to predict anything other than a sweep would be impossible. DU is solid no matter who is in goal, and AA proved that they are once again no better than 8th or 9th in the league this year.

UMD vs. CC - I think CC comes out strong at home, but UMD rebounds on Saturday. I think both of these teams will be real good this year, but I was very close to predicting a CC sweep or a 3 point weekend. I'm still not a believer in UMD but they sure have been solid thus far.

Minnesota vs. Wisconsin - Homer picks but I honestly do think we sweep Wisconsin. I know it was only AA, but I think our guys got a serious confidence boost by getting that much needed sweep. The rivalry is huge and it very well could be a split. This weekend proves a ton for the Gophers. If we come out flat, then all we saw was a horrible UAA team made even worse by playing on the road. If the Gophers end up winning twice and putting up some serious goals, we very well could be on track. Also, Kangas is BACK. Great year for him so far.

UND vs. MTU - I think this kind of team might give UND some trouble just like UAA did by being physical and boring, but UND is just far too talented to lose a game to MTU. I know in the past they have given the Sioux some trouble but I just can't see it happening this year. Guessing Dell maybe gets a start? That's the only night I could see them losing. I understand he was phenomenal in the one game he played, but it's just too hard to predict his future based off of one game.

Interested to see your picks AZ, and hope some other people pitch in their thoughts as well.

AZSIOUX picks for

November 6, 2009

Minnesota @ Wisconsin

November 7, 2009

Minnesota @ Wisconsin

i see denver domoinating uaa friday then uaa with a hard fought tie saturday in anchorage

cc and umd are two solid wcha teams. i will take a split here as both teams have came out of the gates very well

sconnie and gophs is a toss up. not taking any chances here as either team could pull off a sweep but im going with a split

und seems to have a hic up in uaa and tech every season but on the other hand these teams always play tougher than the top tier teams in the wcha but the simple aspect of talent usually bites them. sioux sweep with a blow out friday and 4-2 eng saturday. each goalie plays and gets a win