SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ SFA

UND92,96

I guess I am in the minority but I don't think the world is ending like the some people here. We are playing a team whose no huddle seems to be catching our D before it gets set. This combined with our lack of offense mean this game is not going to be good. Now even special teams is collapsing. I have to believe this is just an example of having an off night on the back end of 3 road games.

Now if we go home next weekend and get dominated by the Yotes, then by all means we have issues. But this is reality. We are a transitioning team that had 1 legit D1 win last year, against Idaho State. To think we are going to run the non conference table seems to be quite the pipe dream.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USD doesn't have anywhere near the weapons that SFA has. SFA's three wide receivers are exceptional for FCS.

SFA has dominated the line of scrimmage on both offense and defense: that's the fundamental problem for UND.

That scary-ass dude with the mohawk from Tech said they had a hell of a time with our D-line, so I think that got some of our hopes up.

USD doesn't have anywhere near the weapons that SFA has. SFA's three wide receivers are exceptional for FCS.

SFA has dominated the line of scrimmage on both offense and defense: that's the fundamental problem for UND.

Good points, but I watched some of USD's game today vs. SE Louisiana in the Dakota Dome and they looked really good on offense. I am concerned on the fast track of the Alerus Center that we'll have more problems with the passing game next week.

Good points, but I watched some of USD's game today vs. SE Louisiana in the Dakota Dome and they looked really good on offense. I am concerned on the fast track of the Alerus Center that we'll have more problems with the passing game next week.

I dont think SEL is that good. They barely beat both USD and UND last year at home. I think USD exposed them for the team they actually are. USD is the same team we have seen the past 3 years. Shep and company. And that hasn't turned out that bad for us.

I guess I am in the minority but I don't think the world is ending like the some people here. We are playing a team whose no huddle seems to be catching our D before it gets set. This combined with our lack of offense mean this game is not going to be good. Now even special teams is collapsing. I have to believe this is just an example of having an off night on the back end of 3 road games.

Now if we go home next weekend and get dominated by the Yotes, then by all means we have issues. But this is reality. We are a transitioning team that had 1 legit D1 win last year, against Idaho State. To think we are going to run the non conference table seems to be quite the pipe dream.

I could live with a close loss on the road where we show up and compete. But to get absolutely blown out like this by a team that isn't that good is completely inexcusable.

I could live with a close loss on the road where we show up and compete. But to get absolutely blown out like this by a team that isn't that good is completely inexcusable.

In no way trying to rip on you, but I think this SFA team is pretty good. They went up to Western Illinois and beat them, nearly beat a poor FBS team,and have shown a lot of speed and skill tonight. We will see how the rest of the season plays out, but I think this team is pretty good. Sioux needed to play better though for sure.

I think people understand that we are a transitional team. I think people understand we won't win every game. But I also think that our fans expected to be a little more competitive than this. If we are ever going to be competitive in the upper echelon of DI FCS, a lot of things will have to change, especially in the next five years or so. Otherwise, we will develop a self-fulfilling reputation as a bottom-feeding, low-level FCS program. Once you get labeled like that, it will be hard to get the top-notch athletes you need to have to win games at this level. That is not what we had in mind when we decided to move up from our cushy spot in the world of DII. I think that is what people are a little concerned about.

In no way trying to rip on you, but I think this SFA team is pretty good. They went up to Western Illinois and beat them, nearly beat a poor FBS team,and have shown a lot of speed and skill tonight. We will see how the rest of the season plays out, but I think this team is pretty good. Sioux needed to play better though for sure.

It will be interesting to follow them the rest of the way and see what they do.

I agree. But the game was a lot closer than the 1st half stats would indicate, even if we couldn't stop them to save our lives. What I am dissapointed in is that the team hasn't shown up in the 2nd half. We needed to score when we got the ball to start and we didn't. Its been all downhill from there.

I agree. But the game was a lot closer than the 1st half stats would indicate, even if we couldn't stop them to save our lives. What I am dissapointed in is that the team hasn't shown up in the 2nd half. We needed to score when we got the ball to start and we didn't. Its been all downhill from there.

Yes, it was closer at halftime that it should have been. I'm not taking a lot of comfort or optimism from that.

For the first time ever, UND starts a season with three on the road. Three road trips, one to West Texas, one to East Texas, and the other to NW La. One of those games was bound to have UND with less than a stellar performance.

SFA beat WIll on the road and was competitive against SMU. SFA is good, maybe not great.

That said, the arm tackling was ridiculous. Not wrapping anyone up. And UND has yet to show running game. The lack of a running game is more of a concern than anything.

I think people understand that we are a transitional team. I think people understand we won't win every game. But I also think that our fans expected to be a little more competitive than this. If we are ever going to be competitive in the upper echelon of DI FCS, a lot of things will have to change, especially in the next five years or so. Otherwise, we will develop a self-fulfilling reputation as a bottom-feeding, low-level FCS program. Once you get labeled like that, it will be hard to get the top-notch athletes you need to have to win games at this level. That is not what we had in mind when we decided to move up from our cushy spot in the world of DII. I think that is what people are a little concerned about.

True. I guess I just could agree if this has been a weekly thing, indicating a pattern. So far in my book this is an isolated occurance. If this happens again next week or against Davis or Poly, then yes we have issues. But I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt until then.

True. I guess I just could agree if this has been a weekly thing, indicating a pattern. So far in my book this is an isolated occurance. If this happens again next week or against Davis or Poly, then yes we have issues. But I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt until then.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not giving up on the season yet. But there are some real concerns about the team in particular and the program in general that must be addressed. I think next week could determine whether this season gets turned around or goes straight into the tank.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not giving up on the season yet. But there are some real concerns about the team in particular and the program in general that must be addressed. I think next week could determine whether this season gets turned around or goes straight into the tank.

I hear you. The D hasn't been the same for awhile. I think its improved this year but it still has a long way to go. And I agree about next week. I think every game from here on out, excluding the 2 NAIA, is going to be a dogfight. We need to defend home turf.