SiouxSports.com Forum

Some New Reads

Common Man

thanks for the info... always good to have more places for hockey info... although i still cannot figure out for what or why anyone uses twitter?:D maybe its just me, but it seems like a useless and redundant application.

It's early in the game on Twitter yet, but I'll tell you it's a way to get information, fast. I'm seeing a vast of majority of UND hockey and football related news come across "tweets" long before they hit this board, as an example. That's not a knock on this forum, it continues to be a fantastic resource.

I'm seeing a vast of majority of UND hockey and football related news come across "tweets" long before they hit this board, as an example.

In terms of actual news, you really have to credit UND for taking its direct publication up a notch this season. They've done a great job with all the news and videos around football so far.

That's not a knock on this forum, it continues to be a fantastic resource.

No doubt, if you just want the official news, the forum would not be the most efficient way to get it. My goal for this site has long been to create a one-stop place for Sioux-related information, including information that doesn't come from UND, and I've thought of the forum's niche as a place for discussion of it all. But, you will always have gotten news slightly quicker by checking each original source itself.

I do find it curious that the UND Athletic Dept, which has explicitly prohibited its employees from participating in Sioux-specific social/new media such as this forum, now encourages them to participate in Twitter. Nonetheless, nice to see some attitudes changing.

Particularly for people like nodak hockey fanatic and me who have no other reason to use Twitter itself, I'll take this opportunity to point out the UND sports twitter feed on the front page of SiouxSports.com.

thanks for the info... always good to have more places for hockey info... although i still cannot figure out for what or why anyone uses twitter?:D maybe its just me, but it seems like a useless and redundant application.

In a nut shell if you have little time to do a bunch of reading there is a lot of good stuff to read out there.

Twitter is awesome.