SiouxSports.com Forum

Siouxpride.com

CMSioux

I met one of the guys who runs this site last nite before the game last nite.He really does have some cool stuff and he handed me and my buddy a couple of hooded sweatshirts and tshirts this morning before we left town.He didn't charge us anything for them but just wanted us to get the word out about his site.Really a nice guy who is just trying to get his site to get some more views.

You met my partner, he's a crazy hockey fan! Thanks for helping get the word out about siouxpride.com, we have some nice Sioux Forever designs too, one is classy the other two a little more edgy, all three send the message that the Fighting Sioux will live forever.

We are hoping for a big rush for Christmas. Check us out at www.siouxpride.com

P.S. I am a UND Alumnus. God bless the Fighting Sioux!

OK...I've been wondering for too long, so I'll just ask.

Is this a charity thing or something? Does the money go to a program or fund or scholarship? Or, is this just a way to mooch some profits off of the Sioux name?

Not trying to be harsh...but I didn't see much of an explanation on the matter.

Glad you asked. First off as I mentioned I am a UND Alumnus and I bleed Sioux Green and Pink. We got this idea because we felt there needed to a way for people to show their pride in the Sioux name no matter what their affliation with the name, (and it's not just UND), there are people all over the country that are interested in the name or they just like unique clothing.

The name "Sioux" is not trademarkable in the same manner that the name "German" or "Norwegian" is not trademarkable. Thus if you research online there are dozen of companies selling "Sioux" clothing and memorabilia.

Althought not associate with UND, prior to launching our site we were in touch with UND, more as a courtesy, since we are a small company among dozens and they have much larger issues to deal with. We contacted them just so they would know about us if anyone asked them, so they could be informed.

As I mentioned Siouxpride.com is not associated with UND or the Fighting Sioux, in fact we have had contacts from people who have no connection with UND, they just like our design or they are into native american culture. Our website is also positioned to welcome all who take pride in the Sioux name.

If/When Siouxpride becomes profitable it is our mission to be a philanthrophic company that supports numerous non-profit organizations, UND being one of them.

Those who have started their own business know that reaching that level of profitability can take awhile, but we feel our mission of helping people celebrate their pride in the Sioux name is one that has merit and that will interest people.

If the Sioux nickname at UND goes away then there will still be a need to preserve the history of the Sioux name, it's an important part of the culture and history of the midwest.

Thanks for asking.

• 2 months later...

Is there going to be a fan bus to the St. Cloud game?

Are the Sioux fans still invited to the Husky booster club pre-game social?

I'd love to meet up with the visiting Sioux fans and hand out some Siouxpride bumper stickers.

Is there going to be a fan bus to the St. Cloud game?

Are the Sioux fans still invited to the Husky booster club pre-game social?

I'd love to meet up with the visiting Sioux fans and hand out some Siouxpride bumper stickers.

I heard that there is a fan bus to St. Cloud but I don't have any contact information. It sounded like someone other than Al Pearson is arranging this trip.

I just talked with someone connected with the SCSU Booster Club and they are checking for me on where the Husky Boosters will be meeting prior to the games. Usually visiting team fans are invited so I will post what I learn here as far a times and locations.

It's usually free food and a nice social atmosphere. They should be in a good mood as they are having a good season.

I just talked with someone connected with the SCSU Booster Club and they are checking for me on where the Husky Boosters will be meeting prior to the games. Usually visiting team fans are invited so I will post what I learn here as far a times and locations.

It's usually free food and a nice social atmosphere. They should be in a good mood as they are having a good season.

There must be 2 fan buses going to St. Cloud. Here is a different thread about Al arranging a bus trip also.