SiouxSports.com Forum

Good Game UND.

TTURedRaider

Good game. Your team played well and made it hard us on times. Good job by your team. I hope everyone that made it out to Lubbock had a good experience. I wish yall luck the rest of the season.

O by the way after reading comments from some of the threads on here... For what it's worth after seeing how North Dakota State did vs Iowa State and how did yall vs us. I personally think yall would would end up getting the W.

Good game. Your team played well and made it hard us on times. Good job by your team. I hope everyone that made it out to Lubbock had a good experience. I wish yall luck the rest of the season.

O by the way after reading comments from some of the threads on here... For what it's worth after seeing how North Dakota State did vs Iowa State and how did yall vs us. I personally think yall would would end up getting the W.

PRICELESS!! Mind if I use that as a sig line 'Raider?...PLEASE!!! :lol:

I'll give permission for him. ??? Iowa State is our conference whipping boy, coming in last in almost every measure. Too bad we don't get to play them this year. We get Nebraska instead. :lol:

After calming down a bit from last night, I still say your guys played great. I was most impressed by your D-line's ability to stuff our big blockers in the run game (granted, not our specialty but still.....)

I hope your guys come away with great confidence that will carry them through the season. Best of luck.

UND football: No tap out in Texas

To the naysayers who thought this game would be over in the first quarter....

But Tech, playing its starters all four quarters, scored the game’s final 10 points on a Matt Williams’ 32-yard field goal and Adam James’ 18-yard pass from Potts.

The guys exceeded expectations. Great game Sioux!!!

I just want to thank the Texas Tech fans who've posted on the board the last few weeks. They were polite and generous with their information and sincere in their appreciation of the effort our team gave theirs. You've set a good example for everyone to follow on how to be a good guest on opposing fan boards. Y'all come back any time. Best of luck with your remaining season.

Had a chance to listen to the game in the car on the radio last night on our way back from Grand Forks. Can't even begin to express how proud I am of the players and staff on how we competed yesterday. We made a lot mistakes and still were able to put out a great effort against a very talented Big 12 team. I realize Texas Tech also had their fair share of mistakes and penalties as well. Everyone is trying to downgrade Potts and his performance because of the interceptions, but the guy did complete 70% of his passes and threw for over 400 yards with a couple TD's. Not bad. :0

If you would have told me before the game that the final score would be 38-13, I would have been giggling like a little school girl. :lol:

Congrats to the players, coaches, support staff, marching band and administration on a great week for UND athletics now and in the future. We will benefit greatly from this one for some time to come in many different ways.

I was also very happy to hear that President Kelley made the trip. It's nice to have a President who actually cares about athletics again.

Can't wait to watch this team in person at The Alerus for homecoming against USD on October 3rd. We need to fill the seats for all the games this year.

Great time to be a UND Sioux!

On to Natchitoches, Louisiana and then Nacogdoches, Texas! ???

Don't like it. :lol:

you guys did a good job. but i don't see why the locker room would be happy after a 25 pt loss?? don't you want to win? or settle for mediocre?

that being said, i don't know how happy the Badgers can be after squeeking by NIU 28-20 last night. But just saying. It was a great effort last night...but this aint h.s. football.

On to Natchitoches, Louisiana and then Nacogdoches, Texas! :lol:

Here is the story on that...

Nacogdoches is named for the Caddo family of Indians who once lived in the area. There is a local story, traced back to a Nacogdoches schoolteacher of the 1920s, that tells of an old Caddo chief who lived near the Sabine River and had twin sons. When the sons grew to manhood and were ready to become leaders of their own tribes, the father sent one brother three days eastward toward the rising sun. The other brother was sent three days toward the setting sun.

According to the story, the twin who settled three days toward the setting sun was Nacogdoches. The other brother, Natchitoches, settled three days to the east in Louisiana. In the story, the two brothers remained friendly and the road between the two communities was well traveled, eventually evolving into the eastern part of the El Camino Real. Nacogdoches remained a Caddo Indian settlement until 1716 when Spain established a mission there.