SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Day at the Dome

GeauxSioux

UND Day at the Dome planned

The University of North Dakota is having "UND Day at the Dome" on Aug. 29, 2009, at the Metrodome in Minneapolis.

According to a news release:

The event is open to UND alumni, students, future students, families, supporters and friends.

"I can't imagine a more pleasant sight than seeing the Minnesota Twins red, white and blue coupled with University of North Dakota green. There is no question that UND is in the heart of Twins Territory and we can't wait to host the University

UND to infiltrate the Dome

The pre-game picnic will be hosted by UND President Robert Kelley, with entertainment provided by the UND Varsity Bards.

St. Peter, who was originally scheduled to be part of the festivities, will be unable to attend. However, Twins great Tony Olivia will be on hand to meet with the crowd.

UND is hoping for upwards of 500 people at the event.

• 2 weeks later...
What section did they put you all in for the game? Me and another person I know are in sec 136. I will be wearing a UND green shirt and maybe a Twins hat. Wear green!

We are in section 136 as well. I have been debating creating a UND-Twins "Circle Me Bert" sign, too. Any creative ideas? :sad:

• 3 weeks later...

I was at the Twins game tonight... what a waste of money! The venue, the product on the field. I am sad that I wasted my money to see the Twins. That said, it was great meeting all the Sioux fans tonight, we had a LOT of fun. I am super happy I don't live in the cities though, what a sad excuse of a team on the field and a poor experiece at the dome. Pretty sad stuff.

GO SIOUX!

I was at the Twins game tonight... what a waste of money! The venue, the product on the field. I am sad that I wasted my money to see the Twins. That said, it was great meeting all the Sioux fans tonight, we had a LOT of fun. I am super happy I don't live in the cities though, what a sad excuse of a team on the field and a poor experiece at the dome. Pretty sad stuff.

GO SIOUX!

So I am taking it as you have never been to the dome for a Twins game before? I disagree that the Twins are a sad excuse for a team on the field. I am guessing you are not at all a baseball fan?

GO SIOUX!

You can't win 'em all. JEEZ. I'd GLADLY waste my money to see the Twins. I've lived in Minnesota all my life and my proudest moment as a kid was my first Twins game sitting in centerfield right behind Kirby Puckett. I haven't been able to go back since then and I've been trying to like you wouldn't believe so i wholeheartedly disagree that the Twins are a sorry excuse for a team. I'm very proud to be a Twins fan, win or lose.

You can't win 'em all. JEEZ. I'd GLADLY waste my money to see the Twins. I've lived in Minnesota all my life and my proudest moment as a kid was my first Twins game sitting in centerfield right behind Kirby Puckett. I haven't been able to go back since then and I've been trying to like you wouldn't believe so i wholeheartedly disagree that the Twins are a sorry excuse for a team. I'm very proud to be a Twins fan, win or lose.

Agreed! the Twins are a great organization! Cant wait til outdoor baseball next year

So I am taking it as you have never been to the dome for a Twins game before? I disagree that the Twins are a sad excuse for a team on the field. I am guessing you are not at all a baseball fan?

Been to the dome plenty of times for Twins games, glad for the outdoor switch next year (in months when it isn't 50 degrees out). I am not a huge baseball fan, even though I've watched it all my life.

The reactions to my original post are why the Twins will struggle to win another world title. Fans should be fed up with the mediocre product put on the field year after year. When have the Twins spent any money to go get help? That is the part that frustrates me. Year after year, the Twins are a near .500 team, but because they are in a horrible division, they compete for a playoff spot, only to get beat by a team from the east or west. The Twins would be in 4th place in the AL East right now. If the fans keep showing up, the team has no real incentive to spend money and buy a few better players. Like I said, not a big fan, but enough of a fan to be sick of the ways things are going for the franchise on the field.

Been to the dome plenty of times for Twins games, glad for the outdoor switch next year (in months when it isn't 50 degrees out). I am not a huge baseball fan, even though I've watched it all my life.

The reactions to my original post are why the Twins will struggle to win another world title. Fans should be fed up with the mediocre product put on the field year after year. When have the Twins spent any money to go get help? That is the part that frustrates me. Year after year, the Twins are a near .500 team, but because they are in a horrible division, they compete for a playoff spot, only to get beat by a team from the east or west. The Twins would be in 4th place in the AL East right now. If the fans keep showing up, the team has no real incentive to spend money and buy a few better players. Like I said, not a big fan, but enough of a fan to be sick of the ways things are going for the franchise on the field.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/managers/gardero01.shtml

Baseball economics being what they are, I say this isn't too bad. The Twins will have their hands full keeping Mauer around...they won't be in the running for the big name free agents anytime soon. Six out of eight seasons they've been in contention in September. Two of those teams were probably good enough to win the whole thing.