SiouxSports.com Forum

Texas Tech Prospectus

GeauxSioux

Texas Tech Opponent Prospectus // North Dakota Fighting Sioux

NDU vs. NDS: When I first started this, I found the statistics for what I thought was North Dakota, but was actually were the statistics for North Dakota State, obviously an entirely different university. Not noticing the difference I had typed it up quite a bit until I realized what I had done. I can only imagine the ire that I would have received from faithful Fighting Sioux and Bison had I continued with my mistake.
:)

I guess because Nebraska is NU and Oklahoma is OU, North Dakota is NDU.

Very nice find Geaux. I couldn't help but crack up at the mixup with NDSU. If I were him, I wouldn't have even mentioned it as long as it was fixed. I read this and became so excited for the season to start! It can't come quick enough and I'm on board for an App. State like upset!! Go Sioux!

Unfortunately most of the rumors I have been hearing is that Murray won't be eligible for the fall. Whether this is the case or not, I really thought this would be a year to bring in 1 or 2 transfers this summer to help with a pretty green reciever and runningback corp. Any word on whether there has been any pursuit of another playmaker.

Texas Tech Opponent Prospectus // North Dakota Fighting Sioux :)

I guess because Nebraska is NU and Oklahoma is OU, North Dakota is NDU.

At one time UND was known as NDU. Sir Sidney of the Minneapolis Star Tribune frequently wrote about North Dakota University in his column. Many former Big Eight (now Big 12) Conference universities were referred to on the sports pages this way. For example, I attended graduate school at the University of Missouri, but instead of being known as the U of M (as is generally the case with both Minnesota and Michigan), Mizzou is usually called MU. Likewise, the University of Colorado is known as CU, the University of Nebraska (where a niece of mine attended graduate school) as NU, the University of Kansas as KU, and the University of Oklahoma, as mentioned above, as OU.

I think there are a lot of people around the world who are still confusing UND and NDSU. The Sports Illustrated sports almanac one year had the UND national champion men's hockey team returning home to Fargo. It may take some time to straighten out some of this confusion. Possibly never. For the record, I don't think this confusion is seriously going to hurt either school.

I would be tickled pink if UND went down the Lubbock and shocked the world, ala ASU at Michigan.

I don't know if they have enough firepower to keep up with Tech, but I know all of North Dakota will be rooting for them, including fellow NDSU fans as well!

I would be tickled pink if UND went down the Lubbock and shocked the world, ala ASU at Michigan.

I don't know if they have enough firepower to keep up with Tech, but I know all of North Dakota will be rooting for them, including fellow NDSU fans as well!

Amen, MplsBison, Amen. I would be tickled pink as well if UND shocked the football world. I'm not counting on it, but who knows? It's nice to know there will be a number of NDSU fans pulling for us as well. I know the UND-NDSU rivalry is passionate and deep, and I know not all Bison fans will be in our corner, but it's good to know that at least some of you will be pulling for us. Not sure we have the firepower either, and maybe the hot Texas sun will make us wilt over the course of the game, but all in all I think it's a good move for our program regardless of the outcome. Thanks again, MplsBison, for your support.

At one time UND was known as NDU. Sir Sidney of the Minneapolis Star Tribune frequently wrote about North Dakota University in his column. Many former Big Eight (now Big 12) Conference universities were referred to on the sports pages this way. For example, I attended graduate school at the University of Missouri, but instead of being known as the U of M (as is generally the case with both Minnesota and Michigan), Mizzou is usually called MU. Likewise, the University of Colorado is known as CU, the University of Nebraska (where a niece of mine attended graduate school) as NU, the University of Kansas as KU, and the University of Oklahoma, as mentioned above, as OU.

It's for you, North Dakota U, that we sing, your sons and daughters true!

I will be at the Sioux/Tech game come September. I'm a huge Tech fan but not this game! I don't think the Sioux have a chance but that's why the game is played on the field, right?!?! My Tech buddy insisted that I wear my green, white, and black colors and to cheer loud for the Sioux (even though most of the other 50,000+ fans will be cheering for the Raiders).