SiouxSports.com Forum

Al's bus to Wisconsin

YaneA

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know which section(s) most of the Sioux fans will be sitting in?

I just got a call from the UND ticket office and she said they had tickets for section 320. There were still some for sale as of this afternoon for the Wisconsin series.

Where is the team and other fans staying at? We currently have areservations at the Sheraton but looking to upgrade if possible.

Can't wait to be with Sioux fans again in Madison. The regional was a blast last year.

The team is staying at the Hilton, I believe, same as passengers on Al's bus.

Can anyone familiar with Madison suggest some hotels that are downtown. I have been able to find a few online but so far none have had rooms available. We would like to stay right down town or as close as possible. Any suggestions would help.

Can anyone familiar with Madison suggest some hotels that are downtown. I have been able to find a few online but so far none have had rooms available. We would like to stay right down town or as close as possible. Any suggestions would help.

I know we are staying at the Sheraton. That is downtown and they have a shuttle bus to and from the arena

Look to Bill Shatner.... he'll guide you.

That place is expensive. I called and the room rate was $219/night. So I am keeping my room at the Sheraton.

Can't wait to get there.

Yikes!! I hope not. I can't imagine what they could put in a hotel room that would make me want to pay that kind of price. I hope Al got some great group rate or that we're going to be at a Hilton lite--Garden Express or whatever they call it.

YaneA,

Are Roxanne and Cyrano going on the trip? How do they get along with badgers???

No, they will be tended at home by friendly neighbors. As far as I know, they've never cornered a badger in the backyard but there have been some birds and rabbits that did not make it out alive. It's a wild kingdom out there, ruled by the law of the jungle.

I would give Priceline a try. This Sheraton downtown is showing a prepaid rate of $97/night for this weekend. This is an excellent hotel near the Kohl. Priceline used to consider this a 3*, but now are showing a 3.5* rating. The Concourse downtown is also a 3.5*, and also has been won on PL. The Concourse has been won for $45. Both are great hotels. The Concourse seems pretty booked, so I'm kinda leaning that you would get the Sheraton...but who knows...

So, here's what I would do:

www.priceline.com

enter Madison, dates.

select "Name your own price"

select 'Madison Downtown" and 3*

Start at $45. If rejected, increase by $5 and add Madison East (sticking with 3.5*). If rejected, add 5$ and select Madison south. If rejected add Madison Southwest. If still rejected, you are out of bids for 3.5*. (you can start over in 24hours). Do not add Madison West, as they also have a 3.5* and you could end up out there.

Now start completely over with a new bid...select Madison downtown, 3*, $45. this time your rebids are only Madison South and Madison Southwest. Again, if denied on rebids, try again tomorrow. It's wise to book a room (as a back up) through normal means, one you can cancel Friday if you get something on PL.

Good Luck, if you have any questions I'd be happy to help.

I know we are staying at the Sheraton. That is downtown and they have a shuttle bus to and from the arena

I just went on priceline.com and got a room for $58 at the Sheraton. Should be a fun weekend. Last time I was in town we went home with the Regional Championship!

Does anyone know if you have to sign up for the shuttle bus.

I just went on priceline.com and got a room for $58 at the Sheraton. Should be a fun weekend. Last time I was in town we went home with the Regional Championship!

Does anyone know if you have to sign up for the shuttle bus.

I also got a room at the Sheraton, I put the bid in at $75. We probably won't take the Shuttle Bus, probably just walk to the bars and make are way down there.

I also got a room at the Sheraton, I put the bid in at $75. We probably won't take the Shuttle Bus, probably just walk to the bars and make are way down there.

Is it within walking distance from the hotel to the game? The weather is suppose to be in the 40's on Saturday so that would make it nice.

I also just got a room at the Sheraton through Priceline. I tried $50 and was declined so I went to $60 and got it.

That sucks because I spent more then double then that for my room at the Sheraton. I am tempted to call and ask for a discount.

Was the Sheraton rated 3.5 or 3*, just curious.

3.5 stars. Orbitz had it listed as $303 per night! I'm guessing that must be an error. Your tip of priceline last year Bob when we came for the Regional was great and I remembered it this year so used that website.

I see ebay is starting to sell a few tickets for this series. Do you think it will be sold out? We got tickets through UND a week ago so we're all set.

3.5 stars. Orbitz had it listed as $303 per night! I'm guessing that must be an error. Your tip of priceline last year Bob when we came for the Regional was great and I remembered it this year so used that website.

I see ebay is starting to sell a few tickets for this series. Do you think it will be sold out? We got tickets through UND a week ago so we're all set.

What section is UND selling?