SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX/GOPHERS SATURDAY

gfhockey

Whats Franks deal with the 40 dollars ticket. He said it four time like the tickets are overpriced! At the MAR it is 40 dollars too. Frank check your own box office!

That clown has no credibility what so ever. The guy is a cheer leaders and it was great that they had to broadcast two games where their team got it handed it to them. Woog is ok.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucia's spear was bush league, no doubt. But Jones didn't have to go and try to one-up him with conduct that was far more bush league than the spear. I hope that Coach Hakstol has a long talk with Zach and makes it very clear to him that here at the University of North Dakota we expect our student athletes to display better sportsmanship than that. I was extremely disappointed in Zach's ridiculous antics in the 3rd period of Saturday's game. It was the only blemish on an otherwise great weekend for the Sioux.
The above is by far the stupidest post ever on this board. No, Dave spearing is much, much, much, MUCH worse than challenging someone to a fight for CHEAP stickwork. For the love of god, quit embarassing yourself. At least Jonsey was man enough to challenge Toni Lucia to his face. Trupper never knew the spear was coming. Use some common sense for Pete's sake.

Lucia's spear was bush league, no doubt. But Jones didn't have to go and try to one-up him with conduct that was far more bush league than the spear. I hope that Coach Hakstol has a long talk with Zach and makes it very clear to him that here at the University of North Dakota we expect our student athletes to display better sportsmanship than that. I was extremely disappointed in Zach's ridiculous antics in the 3rd period of Saturday's game. It was the only blemish on an otherwise great weekend for the Sioux.

im gona guess and say hak had NO problem with what jones did and was trying to do. lucia wanted no part of it and probably did a double take when he saw jones lined up as a winger before the puck dropped

great weekend sioux

Agree with you there. Would like to add that it's equally hypocritical to condemn Stoa for what he did while at the same time rationalizing what Jones did. They were both wrong, and I don't care what team they play for. Classless behavior is classless behavior regardless if a Sioux player or a Gopher player does it. One thing that drives me nuts is fans who think that players for their favorite team are never in the wrong, and unfortunately the Sioux and Gophers both have way too many of those kind of fans.

I am pretty sure in this case the Gophers were the ones doing the majority of the after the whistle stuff. After a while you HAVE TO RESPOND TO IT.

Stoa was wrong for jumping Hextall because he was running his mouth, he is lucky he didn't get his clock cleaned. There a few Gophers that were pushing and shoving after every whistle.

im gona guess and say hak had NO problem with what jones did and was trying to do. lucia wanted no part of it and probably did a double take when he saw jones lined up as a winger before the puck dropped

great weekend sioux

Yep I would be willing to bet Hak wasn't all that upset. :D If you watch the video you will see that Hak was even keel and

in control of is emotions.

Agree with you there. Would like to add that it's equally hypocritical to condemn Stoa for what he did while at the same time rationalizing what Jones did. They were both wrong, and I don't care what team they play for. Classless behavior is classless behavior regardless if a Sioux player or a Gopher player does it. One thing that drives me nuts is fans who think that players for their favorite team are never in the wrong, and unfortunately the Sioux and Gophers both have way too many of those kind of fans.
NO, NO, NO NO!!!! Hextall never saw Stoa's cheapshot into the crossbar coming and was subsequently on his back for the follow-up. As usual in these matters, YOU ARE DEAD WRONG.

What are you talking about? :D

Nobody had anything coming to them. :D

It's a freaking hockey game, not the ultimate fighting championship!!! :angry:

mma? what are you talking about. lucia did a nice litle bit to trupp and his teammate was sticking up for him. simple as that and im sure hak had no problem what so ever with it. guarentee it. its not a huge part of college hockey but when its needed its gona happen if you like it or not. great job jones and hell of a job by the sioux all around whipping the gophers up and down the ice in ever way possible

What are you talking about? :D

Nobody had anything coming to them. :D

It's a freaking hockey game, not the ultimate fighting championship!!! :angry:

If you don't like the rough stuff go watch women's hockey. Its part of the game.

Get last word because I am not going to respond to anymore of your assinine posts.

Lucia speared one of our star players it MUST be responded to. Lucia turtles he is a guttless puke.

mma? what are you talking about. lucia did a nice litle bit to trupp and his teammate was sticking up for him. simple as that and im sure hak had no problem what so ever with it. guarentee it. its not a huge part of college hockey but when its needed its gona happen if you like it or not. great job jones and hell of a job by the sioux all around whipping the gophers up and down the ice in ever way possible

Jones was awarded the hard hat play of the game. :D

Jones tried to attack a player who was obviously not interested in fighting. That's what Todd Bertuzzi did a few years back, and we all remember how that turned out. To make matters worse, he tried to fight off two refs. That isn't the kind of conduct that shows respect to the game. Zach's antics sickened me. It made me very upset that a player wearing a jersey that I take so much pride in would lower himself to such boorish and classless behavior.

I am going to break my promise. you don't get it do you? Luica is that bad guy here not Jones.

Jones tried to attack a player who was obviously not interested in fighting. That's what Todd Bertuzzi did a few years back, and we all remember how that turned out. To make matters worse, he tried to fight off two refs. That isn't the kind of conduct that shows respect to the game. Zach's antics sickened me. It made me very upset that a player wearing a jersey that I take so much pride in would lower himself to such boorish and classless behavior.
OMG!!!!! Moore's hit was legal and Bertuzzi was trying to fight over a legal check - that is the problem with that incident. If Toni didn't want to fight, he shouldn't have speared Trupper - simple as that. I'm now done with you - you obviously have a very tenuous grip on reality and I will not waste my good time trying to get the wilfully blind to see. Please try to successfully fight the overwhelming urge to further embarass yourself by responding. Unbelievable.

I am going to break my promise. you don't get it do you? Luica is that bad guy here not Jones.

Did Jones do something that is maybe not PC? Yes. Did it probably have to be done? Yes. Once it was established that the previous cheap shots would not be tolerated, did the game settle down? Yes.

You say that because you hate the Gophers. You're the kind of fan I was referring to previously. In your world Sioux players are never in the wrong and Gopher players are always in the wrong. You're so biased and unobjective that you can't possibly be taken seriously. At least I can admit when a player on my favorite team has done something wrong. Therefore, I am a much more objective fan than you will ever be. The fact of the matter is that both players did something wrong, but just because Lucia's wrong came first that does not excuse Jones for his wrong. Remember, two wrongs never made anything right.

Arguing with you is like arguing with a child. :D:D:angry: Where is it written that since I hate the Gophers I can't chime in on this argument?

You just compared Jones to Todd Bertuzzi, Jones is one of the cleaner players in the WCHA and you just did him a disservice by besmirching him.

You should be asshamed of yourself.

That's the best you can come up with? You got nothing on the objectivity issue, eh? That figures. :silly:

DaveK, what would you do in that situation? Lucia had just gotten one of your teammates in the boys and Bariball had just speared Hextall.

If the Sioux do not respond it was not going to stop. To me its a sports code thing, no different that baseball.

DaveK, what would you do in that situation? Lucia had just gotten one of your teammates in the boys and Bariball had just speared Hextall.

If the Sioux do not respond it was not going to stop. To me its a sports code thing, no different that baseball.

DaveK believes that its expect that a player just stand there and let the opposition hack, spear, whack them and they under no circumstances

a player be allowed to fight back. Bush league tactics like spearing and leg checks are part of the game.

DaveK believes that its expect that a player just stand there and let the opposition hack, spear, whack them and they under no circumstances

a player be allowed to fight back. Bush league tactics like spearing and leg checks are part of the game.

I am a hockey fan. I am not at games to see fights, but allowing fights minimizes stick work. Guys like Bariball or Lucie are less likely to do the cheap stick work if they know they are going to have to stand up for themselves later. Many times games settle down and get into a good flow after a throwdown.

Like it or not, fighting is a part of hockey. I don't necessarily like it, but I accept it.

In my eyes, Jones did the RIGHT thing. He talked to Lucia (supposedly). He took off his gloves, he took off his helmet, and was prepared to lay it on the line and have a fair fight. Lucia broke code (from what we understand and assume) and skated away.

Yea, there are a lot of assumptions here, but we probably won't ever find out what exactly happened but at least Jones didn't just chase down Lucia and start hacking him with a stick, or crosschecking him in the neck while he was laying on his back on the ice.

Shameless plug -- if this is what you're looking for, the part where he is talking about the Jones scrum is linked on the videos page (along with the goals and scrums).
After watching that link, I now understand why John Hill had back surgery some years back - he had his spine removed. What an asshat. If he truly thinks what Jonsey did was "for show" - if he really thought that if Toni had manned up, that Jonesy would have backed down - he's delusional and certifiable.

DaveK, I have said it before and I will say it again, you are watching the wrong sport. I realize that Grand Forks doesn't have a lawn bowling pitch but I am sure you can find something to go with your mint juleps and dainties.

If you insist on being a hockey fan move to Scandanavia. There the players can do all the nasty stickwork and biting they want without fear of any fists coming their way.

You say that because you hate the Gophers. You're the kind of fan I was referring to previously. In your world Sioux players are never in the wrong and Gopher players are always in the wrong. You're so biased and unobjective that you can't possibly be taken seriously. At least I can admit when a player on my favorite team has done something wrong. Therefore, I am a much more objective fan than you will ever be. The fact of the matter is that both players did something wrong, but just because Lucia's wrong came first that does not excuse Jones for his wrong. Remember, two wrongs never made anything right.

I couldn't have said it any better myself. There is a reason some our fans are referred to as 'The Rug of North Dakota'.

DaveK, I have said it before and I will say it again, you are watching the wrong sport. I realize that Grand Forks doesn't have a lawn bowling pitch but I am sure you can find something to go with your mint juleps and dainties.

If you insist on being a hockey fan move to Scandanavia. There the players can do all the nasty stickwork and biting they want without fear of any fists coming their way.

He is from Fargo I believe. :silly: