SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Joe

NorthDakotaHockey

I went back through the threads and while I may have missed one, I was surprised to see that there is not a thread on Big Joe Finley, Sioux senior blue liner who has been an instrumental part of this team over the last three seasons and whose absence is likely one reason, perhaps a big one, why the boys seem to struggle from time to time so far this year.

We are big big Finley fans. He was near single-handedly, along with Trupp, responsible for the Sioux victory in The John last year in that great overtime game.

He will be, upon his return, a solid candidate for being the heart, the soul, and the glue of this team moving forward into the New Year. If only he will return.

We miss seeing Big Joe on the ice, and we miss seeing Big Joe's old man around the concourses. Last I heard, he was home under his Momma's loving care for a short stretch. Things were were getting better, and he was well on the mend. Of course, what do I know, other than that the person who told me this is well into her 80's (let me clue you, these are the people with the most information) and was a bit unsure of her own information, at least on this.

There is no doubt in our minds that the Sioux will be competitive in most every game from here on out, and that they will certainly win a fair share of their games with the boys that suit up every night. However, as much as I hate to see, none of us are going anywhere far to follow this team anywhere deep in the NCAAs unless and until Big Joe's imposing presence, guiding hand, crushing hits, and strong skill sets are back on the ice night after night.

Come on Joe. Here is wishing you a quick quick end to your pain over the last few months.

there is a good chance finley doesnt play the rest of the season. sure sad to think about as joe has been a amazing player and person on and off the ice for the sioux. on the other hand its a injury that has no timetable and oneday you could be feeling much better than the next you could be in such pain.

get well soon joe for yourself and your family, hockey is secondary

there is a good chance finley doesnt play the rest of the season. sure sad to think about as joe has been a amazing player and person on and off the ice for the sioux. on the other hand its a injury that has no timetable and oneday you could be feeling much better than the next you could be in such pain.

get well soon joe for yourself and your family, hockey is secondary

I thought I saw on here after sat's game that someone said TH said that finley had been skating with the team and could be back for the gli or bsu series? I could be wrong.

I thought I saw on here after sat's game that someone said TH said that finley had been skating with the team and could be back for the gli or bsu series? I could be wrong.

that would be awesome and great news if that was the case. i guess its so hard either way with this injury as it could turn for the better suddenly one day or not. hope big joe can make it back!!

I heard during one of the away series (cuz I was listening on the radio) that they thought Finely was getting better... he was skating with the team and doing alright. And that was why they took him with out to Colorado a few weeks back... but then in pregame (day before?) skate he began experiencing headaches again and basically had to start his resting and feeling better all over again...

Four year players in college hockey are great guys. Especially the studs who have other options and who remain for the love of the college sport and the education that it brings.

The last four year stud at UND had a similar problem, only at the beginning of his career. Da Kaipster. He suffered and was out long stretches of his freshman year, only to roar back.

Here is our hopes and prayers that Joe will be roaring back soon. Geez. I did not realize that he was last year's WCHA Plus/Minus Champ. That says a whole lot about the lotta holes in the ice when he is not suited up.

Git Well Joe. Take all the time that you need to do it, but git well.

BTW, my initial post suggested that it was Joe's old man who was home under his momma's care. I meant to say that it was Joe who was home sipping the malted milks and feeling his momma's love. Can't beat that.

I just returned from the local Christian school's Christmas program and was reminded of the great miracle of the birth of Jesus about this time. I've read of, heard of and have witnessed many miracles of healing in my lifetime and know that the Lord listens when we pray to him. I'm committing each day to pray for complete healing for Joe and would encourage others to do the same.