Fighting Sioux Schedule

Game Notes---North Dakota

FightingSioux.com VIDEO & Audio

KSNR Audio---North Dakota Flagship

ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS (7-1)

Razorbacks Website

Razorbacks Schedule

Razorbacks Video & Audio

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIGHTINGSIOUX.COM WILL HAVE LIVE VIDEO OF TONIGHTS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am still having a hard time understanding our end of the game substitution patterns, and have been confused more than just this year. I know it's nice to lose only by 12 points, but shouldn't we at some point go for broke? Maybe we come back, maybe we lose by 5, or maybe we lose by 20. What's the difference? If we throw it into our post and they look opposite, I think we could get an open 3 anytime we want, only when we are down at the end of course. And what is wrong with subbing offense and defense at the end of games to try win it? I don't believe in moral victories.

I am still having a hard time understanding our end of the game substitution patterns, and have been confused more than just this year. I know it's nice to lose only by 12 points, but shouldn't we at some point go for broke? Maybe we come back, maybe we lose by 5, or maybe we lose by 20. What's the difference? If we throw it into our post and they look opposite, I think we could get an open 3 anytime we want, only when we are down at the end of course. And what is wrong with subbing offense and defense at the end of games to try win it? I don't believe in moral victories.

So are you the next Pat Summit? I may not post very often, but I'm a longtime reader (and a longer-time fan)...and you seem to find a way to rip the coaching staff after every loss. What's your agenda? Are you bitter because your kid is sitting on the end of the bench or something? Its always easy to rip on a coach behind the mask of anonymity. Personally, I trust Gene's basketball knowledge much more then your's. If three national championships and consistent 20 win seasons aren't enough for you, move on and cheer for a school like Tennessee where they fire any coach who doesn't win a title every year.

We are in year ONE of a five year transition to D1 in case you didn't know! This ain't the NCC anymore...yet we are playing largely with players recruited to play NCC basketball. So far in nine games, we have played teams from the SEC, MAC, Mountain West, and some good D1 teams from lesser conferences. We still have a Big 10 team left to play. It's a helluva jump up in competition, and anyone who didn't expect this team to struggle during the first half of the season has impossible expectations. We've been blown out in only two of those games (playing in Wyoming is a tough task, and Green Bay is just tough!), so I feel like UND is ready to turn the corner for the rest of the season.

You talk about the guards being afraid to make a mistake...maybe some of the blame for our struggles rests on the girls that play the game! I have yet to see the team play live this year but I have watched them since Gene came to Grand Forks, and the biggest difference I have seen in the last couple years is the mental toughness displayed by our players. We won three titles because women like Jenny Crouse, Katie Richards, and Becky Moen refused to let us lose in big games! It was fairly easy to see at times the girls didn't have the same toughness as the players of the past. Now maybe part of this is on Gene, but he doesn't put the ball in the basket or play defense.

I trust that Gene and Brew are going to expand our recruiting base to bring in players that are going to get UND back to the top. I know that the coaching staff is hungry to get our level of play up to expectations. We went into this transition head first, and you have to expect some struggles along the way. I would much rather have our team finish 13-13 this year playing this schedule then going 24-1 playing NDSU's schedule in 2004.

Siouxdude, when you win 1/10 of the games that Gene has won in his career, feel free to come back and rip on me and the coaching staff.

So are you the next Pat Summit? I may not post very often, but I'm a longtime reader (and a longer-time fan)...and you seem to find a way to rip the coaching staff after every loss. What's your agenda? Are you bitter because your kid is sitting on the end of the bench or something? Its always easy to rip on a coach behind the mask of anonymity. Personally, I trust Gene's basketball knowledge much more then your's. If three national championships and consistent 20 win seasons aren't enough for you, move on and cheer for a school like Tennessee where they fire any coach who doesn't win a title every year.

We are in year ONE of a five year transition to D1 in case you didn't know! This ain't the NCC anymore...yet we are playing largely with players recruited to play NCC basketball. So far in nine games, we have played teams from the SEC, MAC, Mountain West, and some good D1 teams from lesser conferences. We still have a Big 10 team left to play. It's a helluva jump up in competition, and anyone who didn't expect this team to struggle during the first half of the season has impossible expectations. We've been blown out in only two of those games (playing in Wyoming is a tough task, and Green Bay is just tough!), so I feel like UND is ready to turn the corner for the rest of the season.

You talk about the guards being afraid to make a mistake...maybe some of the blame for our struggles rests on the girls that play the game! I have yet to see the team play live this year but I have watched them since Gene came to Grand Forks, and the biggest difference I have seen in the last couple years is the mental toughness displayed by our players. We won three titles because women like Jenny Crouse, Katie Richards, and Becky Moen refused to let us lose in big games! It was fairly easy to see at times the girls didn't have the same toughness as the players of the past. Now maybe part of this is on Gene, but he doesn't put the ball in the basket or play defense.

I trust that Gene and Brew are going to expand our recruiting base to bring in players that are going to get UND back to the top. I know that the coaching staff is hungry to get our level of play up to expectations. We went into this transition head first, and you have to expect some struggles along the way. I would much rather have our team finish 13-13 this year playing this schedule then going 24-1 playing NDSU's schedule in 2004.

Siouxdude, when you win 1/10 of the games that Gene has won in his career, feel free to come back and rip on me and the coaching staff.

Amen, whoever you are. Amen

I don't necessarily agree with the criticism, but if winning games is now a prerequisite for criticism of a coach on a fan board, expect significantly less traffic.

Gee, going for broke at the end of a game DOES work once in awhile! Even if you don't play good. Novel idea! Wonder if the other coaching staffs were there watching?:lol:??

That is siouxdude's reply about the end of the men's game with VCSU last night. Maybe I was over the line saying that winning games is a prerequisite for criticism, but calling out Roebuck in a thread about a FLUKE win over VCSU is a low blow! The fact of the matter is that siouxdude always points the blame at the COACHES after every loss, but praises the PLAYERS after every win. To me, that sounds like someone with an agenda.

Here's something for you to consider siouxdude...Maybe the men went for broke to come back, but the Sioux women don't trail DAC teams for 39 minutes only to come back and win by a FLUKE! They put them away in the first half and step on the throat of their DAC opponent in the second half.