SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ Wyoming

bincitysioux

Wyoming will make a return trip to the Betty next season. :sad:

Wayne Nelson Blog

The Wyoming coach didn't hesitate in scheduling UND, even though the Sioux are considered a non-counter in the first year of their transition to Division I athletics.

Legerski said it's hard scheduling games in Laramie, because of the college's location and recent success of the program. Legerski, however, said Wyoming will play at UND next season. Hopefully, UND and Wyoming will be common opponents as the Sioux grow into Division I.

At the D1 level, we are going to have to accept that the other teams are going to score, even with PERFECT defense. These are D1 players, not chopped liver. We need to be able to score with some of these teams and then get strategic STOPS at key moments. Our balance on offense is going to be a big factor. Teams are going to make runs on us. Hopefully our runs are bigger. Good luck ladies. Go Sioux!

At the D1 level, we are going to have to accept that the other teams are going to score, even with PERFECT defense. These are D1 players, not chopped liver. We need to be able to score with some of these teams and then get strategic STOPS at key moments. Our balance on offense is going to be a big factor. Teams are going to make runs on us. Hopefully our runs are bigger. Good luck ladies. Go Sioux!

I couldn't agree more....Kimbrough needs to stay out of foul trouble and needs to be on the floor. (Hard to do I suppose when 9 fouls vs 28) and we need to hit shots from the outside. I think the rally from 21 points down shows they did have a stop and it shows heart...Good Luck in Wyoming Ladies!

Of course they ran out of gas....they are not used to this type of scheduling. They are not used to being on the road this long and playing teams that can actually compete with them. It's no ones fault, but going from even last years schedule where they left on a Wednesday, played Thursday and Saturday and then didn't play again until the next weekend there is more recovery time, I don't think the girls knew what they were getting into with this schedule :)