SiouxSports.com Forum

Congrats to football crowds at Alerus

sultan

When the Sioux play home football games the noise level at the Alerus is deafening. In competitive games every 3rd down for the opponent is a real challenge for them. The opposing teams have lots of procedural penalties. The game at the Fargodome today was very quiet . The announcers even commented on how lousy the atmosphere was. It was a huge game for NDSU and the crowd was mostly quiet by Alerus standards. You could almost hear the quarterback signal calling over the television. UND might not have as many people at the Sioux football games but we can be very proud of the vocal support we give our team. We don't boo our team like NDSU fans did a week ago against Southern Illinois. UND ia 4 years behind NDSU in the transition but the future looks very bright for UND football.

When the Sioux play home football games the noise level at the Alerus is deafening. In competitive games every 3rd down for the opponent is a real challenge for them. The opposing teams have lots of procedural penalties. The game at the Fargodome today was very quiet . The announcers even commented on how lousy the atmosphere was. It was a huge game for NDSU and the crowd was mostly quiet by Alerus standards. You could almost hear the quarterback signal calling over the television. UND might not have as many people at the Sioux football games but we can be very proud of the vocal support we give our team. We don't boo our team like NDSU fans did a week ago against Southern Illinois. UND ia 4 years behind NDSU in the transition but the future looks very bright for UND football.

While I agree, I would personally like to take this opportunity to thank you for opening this specific can of worms. Haha. When do we start the countdown to the invasion of the trolls?

I was at the game wearing my Sioux sweatshirt and my wife in her Bison sweatshirt and that crowd was pathetic first it was sold out but there were a lot of blue seats all around the dome, and second with W. Ill with the ball at their 45 the fans left with 1:45 on the clock and NDSU had 3 TO. WTF!!! Talk about giving up well WIU went three and out and NDSU used up their 3 to and NDSU got the ball at their 15 with about 1:25 or so left. You telling me the game is done time to leave?? Losers. That is not a way to cheer your team on in a dire situation maybe if the score was worse than 27-22 i mean a touchdown you win 85 yards in 85 seconds it can be done the clock stops after every first down but it didn't matter and NDSU threw a pick. But that crowd was bad they got loud when the game started and it died.

I was at the game wearing my Sioux sweatshirt and my wife in her Bison sweatshirt and that crowd was pathetic first it was sold out but there were a lot of blue seats all around the dome, and second with W. Ill with the ball at their 45 the fans left with 1:45 on the clock and NDSU had 3 TO. WTF!!! Talk about giving up well WIU went three and out and NDSU used up their 3 to and NDSU got the ball at their 15 with about 1:25 or so left. You telling me the game is done time to leave?? Losers. That is not a way to cheer your team on in a dire situation maybe if the score was worse than 27-22 i mean a touchdown you win 85 yards in 85 seconds it can be done the clock stops after every first down but it didn't matter and NDSU threw a pick. But that crowd was bad they got loud when the game started and it died.

I was there today....anemic at best AND they bailed out early....WTF? Nice to say "another SELLOUT!" but I'll take 8.000 in the AL who are INTO it over this supposed "19,000+SelltheMOFO OUT flop :silly: " I could hear individual snide comments from the sidelines...that's how quiet it was!

Isn't this the part where I say " Why is there a thread about the Bison on here ?" And then someone says, " They sure are jealous of us ", etc etc. Maybe the reason it was so quiet was the fact that the bison start the game with 2 false starts and a 3 and out I think, and then have to play catch-up the entire game. Generally when the other team is winning, it takes the crowd out of it. I was doing my best to make noise, but it wasn't the case with everyone. And yeah, alot of blue seats, not sure what that's all about. Guess you can always stay home and watch it on TV is what alot of people were thinking yesterday.

Hey, I was just happy to be able to see the Bison lose yet again on statewide TV and lose any chance of a playoff spot. Question: who has worse fans, the bison or vikings?

Its close, all i have heard down hear is Will you be there. Their motto they have yard signs everywhere that says that, my neighbor has one (I want a UND yard sign). And when i saw all those blue seats i was shocked. It was like um where the hell is everyone i thought maybe people were still piling in from outside but nope the dome holds over 19,000 and they said on tv attendance was around 17,000 so where were the 2000 or so people...hunting, raking leaves, or what? As for Vikings fans well their team is worse off than NDSU so its a toss up.

I heard Steve Hallstrom (or was it Scott Miller) saying that Mertens is the best option NDSU has right now*.

Seriously?

Ouch.

I guess I'll smile every time I see Jake Landry in the correct shade of green.

* I was listening for Bob Brinker's MoneyTalk on WDAY and instead I got to listen to the Fargo version of Vikings Fan Line, but called "Bison Feedback".

I heard Steve Hallstrom (or was it Scott Miller) saying that Mertens is the best option NDSU has right now*.

Seriously?

Ouch.

I guess I'll smile every time I see Jake Landry in the correct shade of green.

* I was listening for Bob Brinker's MoneyTalk on WDAY and instead I got to listen to the Fargo version of Vikings Fan Line, but called "Bison Feedback".

Maybe that should be the new mantra...SAVE A STOCK TRADER! Let a Bison fan budge into the line to jump off a tall building! :silly:

I think all that's been proven is that Craig Bohl is the same rotten football coach he was when he got canned at Nebraska. He was lucky enough to have a some real gems fall into his lap from the last coach (Mays and Walker) and this season their team is the epitome of poor coaching. It's going to be a long season down there as they only have one (maybe two) winnable games left on their schedule.

Its close, all i have heard down hear is Will you be there. Their motto they have yard signs everywhere that says that, my neighbor has one (I want a UND yard sign). And when i saw all those blue seats i was shocked. It was like um where the hell is everyone i thought maybe people were still piling in from outside but nope the dome holds over 19,000 and they said on tv attendance was around 17,000 so where were the 2000 or so people...hunting, raking leaves, or what? As for Vikings fans well their team is worse off than NDSU so its a toss up.

Us Sioux fans need to be careful about making fun of NDSU for *only* drawing 17,000.

The lack of noise by their fans and leaving early are fair game, but attendance is not exactly a winnable argument.

I just posted a version of this on the Jacks messageboard, so I'll keep it short.

There can be no doubt after the last two televised games that NDSU is reporting paid attendance and not actual; there are just too many open seats. It looks exceptionally bad on TV because the worst offenders are the business and big-money season ticket holders between the 30's. The endzones and outer sections are nearly full, but the TV cameras don't show those areas as often as the center sections. I wish there was a better system in place for season ticket holders to turn in or sell their unused tickets, but who knows if it would work? Money-wise, the WIU game was a sellout but the student turnout was horrible; only about 2,000 of the 4,000 seats available. Those 2,000 missing students were the difference between the 17,000 reported and a standard 19,000 sellout. I never want to hear the students complain again this year because they can't get tickets like the first couple of home games. This was their chance to put up or shut up, and they blew it.

And I ain't gonna argue with Sic's last post on Mertens. I'll withhold judgement on Landry for a while, though.