SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

in other news, Jordan Parise gives up 5 goals in Albany River Rats 5-0 shutout of Lowell Devils

his 2 losses in the 6 games he has played were games he gave up 6 and 5 goals. thats alot of goals. hurts a GAA real bad

Although the GAA took a hit, Albany did have 47 shots on goal while Lowell only had 19.

Although the GAA took a hit, Albany did have 47 shots on goal while Lowell only had 19.

good point. thats still a .894 sv % for the night. relatively good when you think that he gave up 5 goals. overall

even so, his overall SV % is still .916, which is still higher than Doyle's, which is still .900, and JPar's GAA (2.96 is still only .07 above Doyle's (2.89)

talked to JPar tonight about his adjustment movin up to the AHL.....

"actually, i think its more of an adjustment to the team and the players and the system as opposed to the actaul skill level. having said that, the guys are obviously better and faster and stronger and everything but you are also playing with players that are better too. I feel pretty comfortable with my game and the success that it brings so it wasnt that much of an adjustment probably cause i was prepared for it"

asked him, cautiously lol, about his 1st game and game tonight:

"i think i played very well tonight, the other game wasnt good but tonight we ewre outshot 47-19 and they had 4 PP goals so there are no thorns in my side. we play 80 games a season so im not too concerned about things this early"

i'll be honest, i was quick to questin what happened with his performance, but didnt think about the overall facts. yeah he gave up 5 goals, but 4 were on powerplays, and that was of 47 shots. so yeah, he did VERY well tonight. sucks that the rest of his team did nothing :-P

too bad i caught him real late, he had to get to bed cause of a game tomorrow afternoon, so i didnt tlak to him too long. but, hey, its better than nuthin. not much, but hope ya'll enjoy

Uh, if Bochenski scored 4 goals on 5 shots, I'd tell him (if I were his coach), every time you come into the offensive zone, SHOOT!

He was shooting at 80% success! Let the message board homers worry and complain about running up the score! :lol:

You think you would have to TELL Bochenski this... :D

I find it hard to believe Chicago is keeping Bochenski in the AHL with the numbers he puts up. His defensive game must be pretty ugly.

no kidding. especially considering how badly they are doing so far (7-12-2, 16 points) their most productive player has only 17 points, which is half of the NHL points leader's overlal points. the most goals scored by one player is 7, by martin havlat, and considering he has only PLAYED 7 games, the rest of the team jsut sucks. they NEED production badly. they know bochenski has played in the NHL last year. he should be called up. i agree. i would assume it wont be too long.

Nice article on Brandon's 4 goals (plus recaps of the rest of Sat night in the AHL) - what is Chicago thinking? Even if his defense leaves something to be desired, they sure could use some offense. :D

http://www.theahl.com/news/league/index.html?article_id=7220

Since Chicago just dumped their coach, Linky maybe the new guy will think that way. Maybe you should apply for a job there. :lol:

Although it would kill me to leave my Fighting Sioux, I could probably be persuaded to move to Chicago and tell them how they should run their hockey team. ;):ohmy::huh:

May as well. It's not like they've gotten any real leadership in the past what... 40 years? I can't remember the last time Chicago was good. I don't think it was during my lifetime, though.

May as well. It's not like they've gotten any real leadership in the past what... 40 years? I can't remember the last time Chicago was good. I don't think it was during my lifetime, though.

Chicago was good when Eddie was there. They didn't win a Stanley Cup, but they got to the playoffs. Then again, maybe that was before your time. I keep forgetting - I'm old. :ohmy::huh:

Chicago was good when Eddie was there. They didn't win a Stanley Cup, but they got to the playoffs. Then again, maybe that was before your time. I keep forgetting - I'm old. :ohmy::huh:

They weren't so bad in the early 90's with Belfour, Amonte, Chelios, Roenick. I think Dave Christian was on those teams as well. I think they made the cup finals in 92. Belfour had two 40 win seasons. It's been a long time but well with in your lifetime.