SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

my guess is that he will be added because he is on their list of must be signed by 8/15.

Hawks Player Tracker

this is a list of the players in their system. Porter is about halfway down.

just got a message frm someone on hf boards that he may be sitting out as of now as the hawks have not signed him yet and he wouldnt do the camp in case of injury, im sure we will know soon.

Any info on Jason Blake yet being free agency is coming up.

I'd guess there won't me much for a while. He's touted as a big name free agent and I'd guess he and his agent will want to test the waters for a while to find the right $$$ AND the right team offering the money.

My son and a friend traveled to Hutchinson, MN for a wedding last weekend. On Friday night in a town near the cities (I forget which) he ran into a gal that is a friend of his from Hoople, ND. Turns out she is Zach Parise's girlfriend. She invited them over to his house for breakfast that next morning. So, of coarse, they went. Zach wasn't home because he had some hockey camp or something at Shattuck that weekend. While at breakfast my son and his friend told her what a huge Sioux hockey fan I am, so she asked for our address and said she'd have Zach autograph a picture for me. A little while ago, while I was mowing my lawn, the UPS man stopped and handed me this big long box. My son had told me to expect my Father's Day present , but I was mystified because it said "Easton" on the box. Being he's a bowhunting nut, I thought maybe it was a new bow. Low and behold, when I opened it up, it was a game taped hockey stick autographed by Zach Parise! Only then did I check out the sender's address on the box. Sure enough. It turns out that a few days after the weekend, they called and asked if, instead of a picture, did he think I'd like an autographed stick instead. My son said, "Like it? He'll s***!" I think I did...........that was a wondrful thing for them to take time to do.

word around campus was that zach's girlfriend was a couple weeks pregnant before graduation. is she moving to NJ with zach during the season? Hopefully zach has another good year and isnt distracted

word around campus was that zach's girlfriend was a couple weeks pregnant before graduation. is she moving to NJ with zach during the season? Hopefully zach has another good year and isnt distracted

distracted? that didnt sound to good the way it came out :) i would say that type of stuff is LIFE in general and you deal with it, not a distraction, i think he will get 2.5 mil a year hopefully and become one of the center pieces for the devils and then zajac will foloow wit a nice contract in 2 years.........great 1-2 punch and it seems gomez will be leaving

bryan lundbohm will be playing in finland and leaving the AHL

http://www.eurohockey.net/transfers/transf...e=&days=183

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212407&hubname=nhl

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS SUBJECT TO COMPENSATION AND RIGHT TO MATCH - GROUP 2

These players have been tendered qualifying offers and are subject to draft-pick compensation and the right to match. The compensation scale is $773,442 or below, none; $773,442-$1,171,882, third-round pick; $1,171,882-$2,343,765, second-round pick; $2,343,765-$3,515,647, first- and third-round picks; $3,515,647-$4,687,530, first-, second- and third-round picks; $4,687,530-$5,859,412, two first-, one second- and one third-round pick; $5,859,412-plus, four first-round picks:

matt jones, matt greene, ryan bayda and zach parise........ zach will resign and i assume greene as well, i think jones will stay and not sure on baydas situation.

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS - GROUP 3

The following players have qualified for Group 3 Free Agency (age 28 or older or with at least seven Accrued Seasons) and are Unrestricted Free Agents.

ed belfour, karl goehring, lee goren (went overseas)

that is weird because she worked all year with my cousin and my cousin never said anything.

that is weird because she worked all year with my cousin and my cousin never said anything.

well my uncles cousin who once went to dinner and sat next to zachs brothers aunt didnt say anything either so maybe his cousin will let us know if his father brothers half brother will let him spread the word :) way to easy to pass up

I'd guess there won't me much for a while. He's touted as a big name free agent and I'd guess he and his agent will want to test the waters for a while to find the right $$$ AND the right team offering the money.

Since the Wild dumped Manny Fernandez they should go after Jason Blake...

he qualifies as a former player so............from brads blog

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Bishop to Ohio State

Forward Hunter Bishop, who played a semester with UND last fall, has given a verbal commitment to attend Ohio State beginning in 2008.

His younger sister, Teal, will be a freshman defenseman for the Buckeyes this fall. That means when Bishop's parents make the trek from Fairbanks to the mainland, they will be able to catch two kids in one spot. Bishop's mother, Rita, also said they have family in the Columbus area.

Both Hunter and his mom wanted to re-interate that Hunter enjoyed his time in Grand Forks and there were no hard feelings when he left. Hunter just didn't foresee himself getting much playing time until he was a senior because of all the returning players. As it turns out, UND only lost one underclassman forward to the NHL this offseason.

Hunter will play one more season with Vernon in the BCHL before heading to Columbus.

another confirmation article on bishop going to ohio st

Devils are getting their problems with salary cap cleaned up, losing Gomez (Rangers) and Rafalski (Red Wings). Unless they pick up a free agent, either Zajac or Parise (if he's returned to center), or both, become first liners.

Devils are getting their problems with salary cap cleaned up, losing Gomez (Rangers) and Rafalski (Red Wings). Unless they pick up a free agent, either Zajac or Parise (if he's returned to center), or both, become first liners.

Do I hear New Jersey Sioux?

I am thinking the Rangers over paid for Gomez. Yikes I was wondering why the heck we lost a whole season only to get the salaries back where they were before the lock out...

I am thinking the Rangers over paid for Gomez. Yikes I was wondering why the heck we lost a whole season only to get the salaries back where they were before the lock out...

Agree 100%. As a Devils fan, I won't be sad not seeing Gomez pass rather than shoot next year. He's a good playmaker, but I don't think he's worth the deal he got. The bigger loss for the Devils was Rafalski.

Nice deal for Blake. Hopefully he can continue to put up the numbers in Toronto.

I look for the Devils to find another center to take Gomez's place. Can't see breaking up the chemistry of Parise and Zajac. The gelled rather well in Travis' first year, and Zach's second year.

Agree 100%. As a Devils fan, I won't be sad not seeing Gomez pass rather than shoot next year. He's a good playmaker, but I don't think he's worth the deal he got. The bigger loss for the Devils was Rafalski.

Nice deal for Blake. Hopefully he can continue to put up the numbers in Toronto.

I look for the Devils to find another center to take Gomez's place. Can't see breaking up the chemistry of Parise and Zajac. The gelled rather well in Travis' first year, and Zach's second year.

Blake is going into a pressure cooker, they are going to expect 70-80 points every year. It's almost as bad as playing in Montreal...

Teams look dramatically different after Day 1

This is not surprising, as this is what happened in Los Angeles with Blake as well.

In Leafs nation, the fans wanted the club to sign an Islanders free agent. And the club didn't let them down ... sort of.

After being priced out of the Ryan Smyth sweepstakes, GM John Ferguson grabbed winger Jason Blake (five years, $4M cap hit), who potted 40 goals for the Islanders last season. The small but speedy Blake will hope to find a nice chemistry with top center Mats Sundin.

It will be interesting to see how Blake fits into the Leafs' dressing room. Several sources on Long Island say the goal-scoring winger had worn out his welcome. With a new long-term deal in Toronto, Blake gets a fresh start.

And with both Briere and Drury gone from Buffalo, little doubt that Stafford will be with the big club full time this fall. Seems like Buffalo may have a ways to get back to their success last season.

now why would they do that, he can score :)

Crisis averted. With a new 4th round pick and a potentially ok nobody from the Bruins, the Wild can continue their wonderfully powerful means of securing a playoff berth and losing to eventual Stanley Cup champions. The question is: Will they actually make it a series?

Backstrom did great. I was really impressed with him. But they got jobbed BY BOSTON FOR CHRIST'S SAKE on the Fernandez deal (Seriously, did Doug take advice from Kevin McHale?) so now they have a few more million to go after some real players. Will they? Right now, they are looking at Alexei Yashin, which would be an interesting fit in Minnesota. He's older, most of his high scoring days are behind him, doesn't play especially good defensively...seems like a healthy scratch in LeMaire's system.

In any case, around the league: Good work for Blake getting with Toronto. Don't know where that's going to take him, but he will be in a system that wants him to score. I hope he's up to the pressure.

The Devils are an interesting dilemma. Their salary woes have pretty much evaporated but they need a center badly. EDIT: Briere didn't last long. NEvermind.

This will be interesting.

Crisis averted. With a new 4th round pick and a potentially ok nobody from the Bruins, the Wild can continue their wonderfully powerful means of securing a playoff berth and losing to eventual Stanley Cup champions. The question is: Will they actually make it a series?

Backstrom did great. I was really impressed with him. But they got jobbed BY BOSTON FOR CHRIST'S SAKE on the Fernandez deal (Seriously, did Doug take advice from Kevin McHale?) so now they have a few more million to go after some real players. Will they? Right now, they are looking at Alexei Yashin, which would be an interesting fit in Minnesota. He's older, most of his high scoring days are behind him, doesn't play especially good defensively...seems like a healthy scratch in LeMaire's system.

In any case, around the league: Good work for Blake getting with Toronto. Don't know where that's going to take him, but he will be in a system that wants him to score. I hope he's up to the pressure.

The Devils are an interesting dilemma. Their salary woes have pretty much evaporated but they need a center badly. I'm sure they'd love to go after a guy like Briere but that would put them right back into the salary cap mess.

This will be interesting.

briere signed with philly

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=4965